Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My take on crochet flowers


Have you seen those crochet flowers everybody is using on their cards lately? Well, I was thinking that since I learned to crochet as a child I could give them a try. I used very thin yarn/thread and just went for it. I am not good at following instructions for patterns and this is what I came up with just playing around. I did not want them to be too bulky and I think it worked.



To make those flowers took me maybe an hour for all of them. What ya think? No need to go and buy the expensive ones at the craft store, plus I got to use some yarn that has been sitting around for a while ;).

Ok, I really need to run now.

Hugs,

Sabrina

7 comments:

Jami said...

These are awesome!!! I used to crochet all the time and haven't done it in quite a while...I may just need to start back up after seeing these!! Love them!! Can't wait to see them on a card! :)

Maraya said...

Oh my gosh! That's awesome. I don't know how to crochet so I'll have to just buy them. SIGH...

Jeanette - said...

Wow, these are beautiful. I crochet, but only scarves and afghans. I can't do the detail stuff like these....

Janna said...

I love these! They are so adorable! I have always wanted to crochet and these would add so much to a card!

Smiles,
janna

Silke Ledlow said...

These are so super cool - I'm jealous - I just paid $10 for the SU one - YIKES - LOL!!!

Dawn B. said...

I think these are fantastic. It took me an hour to make one.. LOL. Super job...Love the colors. I wish they had more colors of this type of yarn...

Jenny Gropp said...

It took me ten years to make an afghan -- so I guess I'll be shelling out the bucks for the pre-made flowers. These are super -- you could sell them!!