Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Saturday......

my friends. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far. Today I have a card for you all that I made for Sharon Johnson's aka notimetostamp challenge. Sharon always comes up with these fun and easy challenges and I truly enjoy participating. Here you can find out more about this cool challenge. For my card I've used spring-like colors and some stamps from ISC which I thought worked great for this challenge. I don't know about you, but I just about every time I make a card I use my Scor-Pal, so today I've used it to score my card in half and on the bottom portion of my card. Most of you know that I am still kind of hesitant when it comes to coloring, so today I pulled out my watercolor pencils and gave it another try. I am still not liking it too much, but they say "practise makes perfect" so I'll just keep on practising until I get it right like some of you outstanding artists out there :D:D. I stamped the main image on watercolor paper and blended those colors with a blender pen ( I just could not find my paint brush pen). The watercolor paper is matted unto the green mat from the K&Company paper and that is then attached to the main card with dimensionals. It kind of looks like a painting IRL. For the Sentiment I stamped it unto some scrap PTI white and attached it at the bottom with glue dots and then added the lavender half pearls. At first I was not going to add the spacer beads with the half pearls on them, but it just looked kind of empty so I put them on the scored lines.
The silver bead charm was attached to the ribbon with some jump rings.



So, to not further prolong the anticipation , here is my take on Sharon's challenge








Recipe:

Paper: PTI white, K&Company Designer Mat Pad for the green mat, watercolor paper

Ink: black StazOn, SU Lavender Lace

Stamps: ISC Summer Elements III for the lillies and making things new

Accessories: lavender sheer ribbon, Watercolor pencils, dimensionals, Scor-Pal, lavender half pearls, silver bead charm and silver spacer beads



What do you all think? Did I accomplish the challenge to kick that cabin fever on out?



"Thank You" so very much my friends for stopping by today. It is a beautiful day outside and I am going to go and water my pretty flowers I planted yesterday and clean up the yard a bit more.



I am wishing you all a wonderful weekend. See you soon!!

Hugs,



5 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Sabrina this is gorgeous. I think the spring fever kick and the coloring are outstanding. Super job.

Jami said...

Beautiful!!! Love all the little pearls and spacer beads! And your coloring is wonderful!! I wish I could plant flowers here....but it's snowing! Ack!

Janna said...

OMGoodness this is beautiful! It has such a sunny happy feel to the card! Really reminds me of spring! I love the colors and the great bling at the bottom! Another beautiful creation!

Smiles,
janna

Silke Ledlow said...

Where in the world have I been thr last couple of days....LOL??? You have created so many gorgeous, gorgeous card!!!

I love this one - so much white space and a beautiful flower image!!!

Sandy Knecht said...

This is a beautiful card. Yet another stamp to put on my list. You have such lovely creations.