Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I should not have said.....

I would be back on Monday in my last post. You all probably know that when you make plans something most likely comes up, so I am sorry I did not keep my word, but I do have the promised card of this weeks Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS, Jami aka SgtStamper. I just told this little story over at SCS and hope that Jami does not mind ;). Jami and I met online last year when my family and I were getting ready to come back from Okinawa,Japan to the US. My husband retired from the Air Force after 26 years and found a job working for the Army ( how ironic is that :D) in Sierra Vista,AZ. We knew we did not want to move there but rather wanted to give both of our small children a good school system. We knew from our time in Tucson almost 5 years ago that this school district we were thinking about was one of the BEST. Jami answered to one of my posts over at SCS and it happened to turn out that we found a house not even 5 minutes away from Jami. The only bad part was, that Jami and her family were on there way to Asia, Korea to be exact while we were on our way back to the US. So I only know Jami from being online, but we have been in touch ever since. I am looking forward for Jami and her family to come back after their tour in Korea and meet her in person. I know I can learn so much from her. So to not further prolong this, here is Jami's card that I chose to CASE

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1059555?cat=500&ppuser=166165


I made a few changes by using a different sentiment, different ribbon ( I did not have this yummy ribbon , Jami used ;)), I used Marvy Giga and Mega punches, and crystals instead of eyelets so here is my CASE


of Jami's masterpiece.

Recipe:

Paper: PTI white, DCWV blue and black

Stamp: Unity Something Within

Ink: black StazOn, blue chalk for softening the edges of the punch out.

Accessories: Cuttlebug emb. folder bloom dots, Crop-A-Dile and eyelets, Marvy oval scalloped punches in Mega and Giga, blue grosgrain ribbon, blue crystals, silver heart charm

This is it for now. Thank you so very much for stopping by, I am very grateful for you.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs,

6 comments:

Grace said...

Sabrina your card is gorgeous!!! I love Jami's work too and you really did honor her with yours! Love the papers you used... the two shades of blue and that lovely sentiment... it's really eye popping beautiful! I love the little charm too! I love your work!!! I'll be back often! God bless!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Sabrina!
My husband were medically discharged from AF last year after 15 years of service. I'm happy that I don't have to move anymore but the traveling all over the world was really something, you know. I'm glad you had a chance to live in my country, too :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome case - Sabrina!!! Love your few little changes!!! Hugs ~S~

Jami said...

Love this card!! You know we're gonna have all sorts of fun when I get back to AZ!!
hugs...

Janna said...

Okay this is my third attempt to leave a comment so I hope it works!! LOL! I jsut wanted to let you know how stunning this creation is!!! I can't believe we cased the same care! But you truly did an excellent job! Love the colors and your sentiment and treatment of it! Amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a beautiful creation, once again!!! And what a fun story about you and Jami -- OH, how much FUN you will have when you finally do meet!!!