Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hello, did you miss me?

I know it has been a couple if days since I last posted, but you all have to forgive me (again!!!). I have some very exciting news. Betsy the owner of Innovative Stamp Creations has contacted me and asked me if I would like to be a "Guest Architect" (fancy title :D:D:D) and guess what? I said YES!!!!!! So I have been biting my tongue for a few weeks but she said today that I could go ahead and post what I have done so far on my blog and over at SCS. Let me tell you, this has not been easy for me since I am my won worst critic and none of the cards the I made so far with her amazing stamps was good enough for me. Yesterday I finally said, enough of that just go for it and I made 5, yes, you've heard right, 5 cards and since Betsy said I can post I will do just that. I will be on her team for 2 months so you all probably will see some more of her stamps :D;).


The first one I'll share with you today is a card I called "Birthday Wishes". On this card I used Betsy's BG stamp which is called Batic Flower. It is gorgeous in any color, but I wanted to us it on the PTI paper Lavender Moon, which I love and I do have the matching ink for it. You know I am still trying to get all of the SU papers and matching ink pads, but hubby only let's me order so much, dang it for not having a job :(, but it is all good.


So, here is my first card "Birthday Wishes"


Recipe:
Paper: PTI Lavender Moon
Ink: Palette Lavender Moon
Stamps: ISC Batic Flower BG, SU Elegant Cheer for "Birthday Wishes"
Accessories: Nesties Labels 1, Cuttlebug embossing folder Textile, bead end caps, half pearls, handmade stick pin , pink sheer ribbon


So, what you all think about this one?


Numero 2



"Friends" is really simple, but I wanted the Butterfly to be the focal point.


Recipe:
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush, K& Company Designer Mat Pad
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa
Stamps: ISC Reflections set for the Butterfly and Summer Element 3 set for the word Friends
Accessories: Primas, antic silver brad, Kaiser chocolate half pearls, cream cotton trim I still had in my stash from Okinawa,Japan, Twinkling H2O's in Almond Beige and Cinnamon Stick for the sparkle on the Butterfly

Does it work? Is this butterfly the focal point?




Numero 3

Is a Mother's Day card so the title "Happy Mother's Day". I know not very creative, but this is all I could come up with, sorry :D


Recipe:

Paper: PTI white, CM lilac

Stamps: Rustic Artsy Swirls for the butterfly, Marvels of Nature for the vine and Flair of Summer for the Sentiment

Ink: SU Certainly Celery for the vine, Su Orchid Opulence and Markers in purple and black for the butterfly

Accessories: Schimmerz in Angel Wings which I painted over the butterfly, scalloped scissors for the border, lavender handmade crochet flower, pearl brad from Michael's bridal section on SALE!!!!, handmade stick pin, purple satin ribbon.





The colors on the butterfly kind of ran away when I painted the Schimmerz on top, but I kind of like that effect. I guess a mistake can turn out all right afterall!!!!


I stamped the butterfly twice. Once on the card directly and than again and cut it out, rounded the wings a bit by running them over a paint brush handle to give them some curve and dimension. After that I only adhered the middle part (the body) to the card with some Tombo glue. IRL this card has tons of dimension, I am not sure you can see that in the picture.


What's the verdict on this one, did it turn out all right?


The other 2 cards will have to wait until I come back from lunch with both of my girls. Naomi, the oldest, well she is only 7, reached her AR goal once again (I am so very proud of her, she loves to read, which she absolutely did not inherit from her MOM (Rolls eyes)!!! And at her school the kids get a "Free personal pizza" coupon for Pizza Hut if they reach their goal. So, today I am taking both of my babies to Pizza Hut.


See you all later with the other two cards.

Hugs and thank you so very much for stopping by my humble blog.


5 comments:

Janna said...

This is stunning Sabrina!! Literally my jaw fell further and further open ever card I came too!!! These are incredible! They are all so different and stunning in their own way! I love the way you used the same papers on top of each other for the first one! The giant flower and butterfly are perfection on the second and I love the crocheted flower and butterfly on the third. I can so see why you were chosen! And a huge congrats for that as well!

smiles,
janna

Jami said...

WOO HOO!!! Huge congrats on being a Guest Architect! I know you will have so much fun, and amaze us all with your creativity!!!

These cards are all GORGEOUS!! Such a cool BG stamp - and love those butterflies!!

Kudos to Naomi on reaching her AR goal! I love that Vail really encourages that program. I hear it's supposed to hit the 90's this week back home....{sigh}

Christi Flores said...

Congratulations!! You do amazing work!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Sabrina, HUGE Congrats! to you!!! You are so well deserving of a DT spot -- your work is divine and it shows in these cards -- they are all jaw-droppers!!! Truly amazing!!! Best wishes, my friend!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

CONGRATS - MY FRIEND!!! BETSY KNOWS HOW TO PICK THEM!!!

Sabrina - all three of your cards are STUNNING!!! I love each and everyone!!! You really know how to rock these Stamps!!! Hugs ~S~