Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yeah, I got to stamp this morning......

my friends. I know it is 5:18 PM now, but my camera's battery decided to give up on me this morning, so I had to wait until that darn thing was charged. My DD Naomi, who is in 2nd grade has only 3 more days of school this week and than they go on a 2 week break. I know, you might think, huh? Yep, she goes to school in the Vail school district, which has school year round and they short break every other month, so this is her springbreak so to speak. So, I will not have a lot of time while I have both of my darlings around. Anyhow, the first card I have for you is one that I made for todays Color Combination challenge over at SCS. I am usually not able to participate, 'cause I don't have all of the SU colors :(:(. But, I am getting better and I am ordering some whenever my hubby let's me ;). A few weeks ago I ordered a Whiff of Joy stamp to get some more coloring pratice, to be honest, LOL, and it came in pretty handy for this challenge. I did not have the Kiwi Kiss or Old Olive cs this challenge called for but I cheated a bit by using some of my yummy Basic Grey Sultry paper, like so many others did as well over at SCS. What you all think? Did I come close?



Recipe:
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, Basic Grey Sultry Pad
Ink: Chalk Box Dark Brown, StazOn black, Stampin Spots for the coloring in of the image in certainly celery and pink passion
Stamps: Whiff of Joy (can't remember the name of this cutie } Inkadinkado Occasion Set for the sentiment
Accessories: Nesties Ovals large, heart charm, SU oval tag punch, Prima, Basic Grey button, chocolate satin ribbon, Fiskars Threading Water punch, simensionals, Sakura hot pink aqua lip pen (bought in Japan :D) silver ink pen, Angel Wings Schimmerz, Watercolor pencils, Blender Pen


Please don't be too hard on me, but I really would like to know what you think about this one.




Hugs,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you LOVE WOJ?? I really need to color mine more!! Great coloring, Sabrina. Fantastic job on the challenge, too!

Janna said...

This is stunning. I love this WOJ stamp and the color combo is beautiful!!! The layout is stunning and I adore your bow and charm!! You do incredible work!

Smiles,
janna