Monday, March 16, 2009

Good Monday evening....

my friends!!!!! I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was not so good. I've had this terrible headache which just would not leave. So I was down most of Saturday and all day yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night and had this almost knife sharp pain on one side, so I took some more medicine went back to sleep for a while and yet when I woke up at 6:30 AM it was still there, so I did not have a great day, but I believe that those headaches will all go away. On Friday night, my hubby was up in Phoenix with our Pastor on business so I stayed up late and made a card for Sharon Johnson's challenge over at No time to stamp where the theme was "white mats". For those who know Sharon, she never has hard challenges so this one was really easy for me, cause I love the PTI white cs, all I had to do was mat something on white. So this simple card right here is what I came up with


I am here......


Recipe:
Paper: PTI white, Basic Grey Urban Prairie, DCWV Spring Stack for the orange/yellow textured paper
Ink: Su Certainly Celery
Stamps: Verve I am here if you need me from the set "Here for you"
Accessories: Dew Drops in celery and pink
Nesties Labels 3, Primas in orange, green, pink, Urban Prairie decorative brad, PTI satin ribbon in Summer Sunrise, dimensionals

It is a pretty basic card and I really did not want to take too much away from this yummy paper. The last layer with the sentiment on it, was plain at first, but it was way too much white for me, so I took some of my trusty chalk inks out and added a little pink. This is not a color combo I would have chosen on my own, but the paper has blue, pink, green, yellow and orange in it and it really looks so delicious!!!!

Well, off to get my kids in the house. It's a little after 6 PM here and they have been outside all afternoon. It was a whooping 80 degrees here today. If I could I would send all of you that live in the brrrrrrrrrr icy cold states some AZ sunshine. Maybe this card will give you a little of that.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I'll have another card for you all tomorrow.

Hugs,

4 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Feel better soon. That doesn't sound good. How did you make this beauty when you weren't feeling well. It is gorgeous. TFS

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Sabrina - what a beauty!!! Love the soft springy colors you used!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a total jaw-dropping beauty!!! I LOVE these colors and your beautiful ribbon and flowers!!! Great matting on white!!! I'm so glad you got to play -- thanks so much!!!

Janna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your headache! That is so aweful! I hope you are feeling better! This card is stunning! i adore this paper and the dew drops you used1 So, so pretty and the flower is incredible! Adds so, so much character!

smiles,
janna