Thursday, March 26, 2009

Did you notice

that I was MIA for a few days? Well, almost 1 week to be exact. I am sorry about that but I have not been feeling to well and was forced to put stamping on the back burner for a few days. But, I am still here, not like I wish to be, but I am here :D:D:D.



I have two cards for you all today. The first one is one that I made for the CAS challenge over at SCS. We were to use punches, well, I did just that. I have been wanting to this for a while now, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity for me to put that thought onto paper so to speak.

To stay within the guidelines of keeping it clean and simple I just ran some paper through my Cuttlebug in the "Leafy Branch" folder (love that one!!!) and for the punch part, well, that is nothing other that the SU scalloped circle punch and some SU Chocolate Chip CS which I then cut into flower petals, curled the ends over my stylus and added a button for the flower center.



Easy as 123 and as promised, CAS!!!!!



Recipe:

Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey (can't remember the name of the pad, since I tore that paper out a while back, sorry!)

Ink: SU Chocolate Chip

Stamp: SU Thank you kindly

Accessories: button from WalMart Grab Bag, SU scallop circle punch, scissors, stylus to curl the petals, Cuttlebug and leafy branch embossing folder


Yep, that is it for this one. The next one is a card I made just to blow off some steam for a few minutes the other day ;P.


Plus, I got to use some of those crochet flowers I have been making while watching a few minutes of TV. I think I am getting the hang of it and don't even have to watch what I am doing anymore. While I waited for my DD at school this afternoon I made 5 of these babies, not bad, if I may say so myself, LOL!

But here is the card. I took the picture outside and let me tell you, we have some serious winds here today. So my pics are not the best, sorry!!

"Thinking of You"



Recipe:

Paper: PTI white, basic Grey Eva DP, SU Certainly Celery

Ink: SU Mellow Moss

Stamp: Inkadinkado Occasion Set I bought last year at Costco

Accessories: Nesties Classic Scallop Circles Small, hand crocheted flowers, spacer bead in silver, crystal brad, Cuttlebug and "Stylized Flowers" embossing folder, pink grosgrain ribbon, fun fibers, dimensionals


Pretty simple card, again, sorry!!!! Please keep me in your prayers about these headaches. I am not claiming them as my headaches, because they are not. I refuse to do so. So this is why I say about "THESE" headaches ;P.

Thanks for stopping by my friends. I hope to be back on a more regular basis soon.

Hugs,

8 comments:

Teresa said...

I really like your thanks card. I like that it is simple and love the embossed branch. Wonderful.

Janna said...

Sabrina I am so, so sorry to hear about your headaches! That is just awful!! I will definitely be praying for you!

these cards though are so beautiful! Your style is just amazing!! It is so beautiful! I love the simple elegance of the first card! The green paper and the branch with the flower is gorgeous!!! So amazing! And I am loving your crocheted flowers!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! I can't believe how quickly you can make them! This card is perfect for them and I love the layout and papers!

SMiles,
janna

Meredith said...

You do beautiful work! I'll be praying about THOSE headaches!
meredith

katiesniche said...

Prayers for you my friend. Headaches are NOT fun to deal with. Give it to the Lord.

Your cards are always so pretty. Great work.
Hugs to you,
Katie

Grace said...

Hi Sabrina! Your cards are sooo pretty! I love all your work... so inspiring to me... but I am especially drawn to the CAS ones you did here. I have trouble with CAS! I love them... just have trouble doing them!

I am so sorry you have not been feeling well! I know headaches are a killer! Dark room and lots of quite! Huge hugs and a prayer for you my friend! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! Luv ya! Hope you rest well!

Dawn B. said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. It is no fun to not be 100 percent. Love your crocheted flowers. But of course you knew that I gush all over them everytime I see them. Thanks for the directions. I am still practicing...LOL

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend!!! I've been a bad blogger this week...Hope you are feeling better???

Your cards are both beautiful!!! Lov eyour handmade flowers ;)!!!

Big hugs
~Silke~

jami {sgtStamper} said...

I too was MIA for the week...sorry you haven't been feelin' well. Love your cards! I need to try that technique with the scallop punch, what a cool look!! Hugs!!!