Friday, March 13, 2009

Can you believe it is Friday?

Goodness, this week went by way too fast (again!!!) Today I have a little something for ya'!!!! Remember my card from yesterday? Well, since it is way "FAT", yes, I've said it, sorry, and the envelope I made for it was a tight fit, I've decided to give one of those enveloboxes a try. Since my card is 5.5"x5.5" I had to make a few adjustments and add a strip to the box {because you know a 12"x12" piece of cs is really not big enough ;)} . I'll try to write down the instruction for it a little later, right now my kids are driving me crazy!!!!!! Sorry!!! But here are some pictures so you can get an idea


1. Picture of the front of my envelobox




















2. Is a picture of the side view

You might say, wow this is a pretty "fat" envelobox, but let me show you a picture of the side view of my card from yesterday and you'll understand that I just had to make it 1/2" deep!!!



And guess what? You can still feel the bulky pin, but I am not making it any deeper.



Here is the side view of the card




I don't know about you, but I just could not keep the envelobox "naked" and so I added a few things. To make it a little more look like the card itself. I added some of that yummy crocheted lace trim I got from http://www.stampersdream.com/ , some moss green satin ribbon and to hide the seam on the back of the box I just wrapped the both over it ;P. Next I got some Primas in the same color as the cards out and just could not find a brad or button that I actually liked on there, so I made my own button, so to speak. It consists of a circle punched out out of Chocolate Chip cs with a 1 1/2" and then one punched out in PTI Vintage Cream with a 1 3/8" circle punch. To that I added the words "All the Best" from the SU set Elegant Cheer, distressed it with Chalk Box chalk ink in Chestnut Roan and Creamy Brown, popped the top layer on some dimensionals and added it to the flower center. Something was still missing so I went to my stamp cabinet and my eye stopped at a CTMH stamp set I had for a while but very rarely use it. It is called 'Moments" and I think, it is retired by now (not 100% sure though). Since the card is for 36th Wedding Anniversary I figured this sentiment would be perfect. And since I had this set out already, I said what the heck, let me add a little something to the corner as well so I used one of the corner flourishes for the right upper corner. What do you think? I guess after all my card turned out to be a gift on it's own combined with this envelobox!!!! Wheew, I am done!!!

I'll try post the instructions later, right now, I'll have to take my kids out of the house for a minute before they tear it up!!!!!

Thanks friends for stopping by, it means the world to me.

Hugs,

5 comments:

magic boxes said...

Hi Sabrina, I found your blog - Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

This is so gorgeous - the detail, the colours, the textures, just everything.

I LOVE your work and what a fantastic blog.

Can't believe you only started stamping 2 years ago - you were born to do it Girl!

Elaine x

Janna said...

Sabrina this is beautiful!!! This envelopebox is just as stunning as the card you made to go in it! I love that crocheted ribbon and the beautiful sentiment and ribbon! The filigrees in te corner are awesome!!! You have such a talent for these beautiful designs! Amazing! And I can hardly wait for the tutorial!! I really want to try this!

Smiles,
janna

Unknown said...

Sabrina, I must say you're truly amazing!!
I love your envelobox!! It's added the handmade cards to the whole new level! Off to check your tutorial. TFS~

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous!!! Oh this is just wonderufl - Sabrina!!!

Anonymous said...

Sabrina,
Thanks heaps for the comment on my blog. I still have a lot of learning to do with those copics. lol
I just love the green and brown on this envelebox. Just gorgeous, much more nicer than an ordinary envelope.
Lauren xx