Thursday, March 12, 2009

It is Thursday, and I am back......

with just one card, but one is better than none, right? How are you guys doing today? I woke up this morning with a headache, once again :(:(. But I ate a little something and pulled out the heavy drugs, my migraine medicine, and I am feeling much better. Thank goodness!!!!!!


All right, back to the card. My card today actually fits into the SCS challenge today for Ways to use it where they are literally going green. Well, I did both, I used the color green and used recycled paper ;). Good friends of ours are celebrating their 36th Wedding Anniversary and I wanted to make them a special card. For this one I got to use some yummy crocheted trim I bought over at http://www.limelightpapercrafts.com/ and some more of that cool moss recycled paper, which is also from there. Mandy is super quick shipping things out, my order was packed and shipped the same day and got to me all the way from NC within 2 days!!!!


Sorry, got a little carried away, again. The card is 5.5"x5.5" and is pretty thick. I have tons of layers, but this one will be hand delivered, so I am not worried about it. I thought I had a "Happy Anniversary" stamp, but I can't find it, so I went to my trusty SU Elegant Inspirations set and pulled out the 1 Corinthians 13:13 stamp which is so very fitting for an Anniversary card, don't you think? Have a look at





Now these three remain........

Recipe:

Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, PTI Vintage Cream, K&Company DP, moss colored recycled paper from http://www.limelightpapercrafts.com/ ,

Stamps: SU Elegant Inspirations

Ink: Palette from PTI in Dark Chocolate, Chalk Box Chestnut Roan, Dark Brown

Accessories: Chocolate crocheted lace trim from http://www.stampersdreams.com/ , Kaiser half pearls in Chocolate; Nesties Labels 4; chocolate satin ribbon pulled together into a ribbon flower, handmade stick pin with green and brown glass beads; heart charm; dimensionals, Primas

To be honest, I truly like the way it came out. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today my friends. It is always fun having you over.

Hugs,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your head is feeling better now!!

this card is STUNNING!!!! Love the warm shades of green and that amazing embellishment in the corner!!! And I agree - perfect verse for an Anniversary!

Jeanette - said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your flower charm embellishment!! The verse is perfect too!

Janna said...

I am so jealous!!!! You have the new nesties and not only that you made such a beautiful card with them!!!! wow, wow, wow! Your friends will be honored to receive this! I love the layout and the gorgeous accessories! The background paper is stunning as well! Truly amazing! Sorry about your headache but I am glad you are feeling better! Crossing my fingers that you didn't wake up with one this morning!

Smiles,
janna

magic boxes said...

This is just stunning, and the message - so powerful!

Elaine x

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just stunning in true Sabrina style!!