Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hello my friends........

how are you all doing on this sunny (here in Arizona anyway :D) Tuesday? I have been somewhat headache free for 2 days now, so I praise GOD for that and I have a little something to share with you as well. I got to make a card on Saturday, for a sad occasion and it is one that can be made in 15 minutes or less. I know this seems to be the case with most of my cards lately, but I promise you I'll be back with some more elegant and elaborate cards soon, well, that is if those headache stay away from me. Thanks so much for all of your well wishes, they sure meant and still mean a lot to me. Big hugs to you my cyber friends!!!!


But back to the card, it is a very quick one and is very traditional as far as the colors are concerned and the sentiment. I simply ran some PTI white cs through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, matted it to PTI's true black cs and it was almost done ;D.


Have a look


Recipe:
Paper: PTI white, true black
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: SU Always in my Thoughts, SU Embrace Life
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, SU punch that comes with the set Cute & Curly, black Kaiser half pearls, black satin ribbon from my stash

This card is for a very dear friend who just lost her mother. I hope that she will like this card and that she will find comfort quickly.

I made a few more things, but have not been able to take pictures as of yet, so you might just get another little something later;P.

Thanks so much for stopping by it truly means a lot to me.

Hugs,

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Sabrina! This is just wonderful! Sometimes I think the CAS can be the best cards of all! It will be so appreciated! I hate sending sympathy cards and I need two this week too!

I'm so glad your headache is about gone. I used to suffer from them too... but now it's very rare! I guess the moral of that story is once my hormones were gone... the headaches got a lot better! LOL!

You asked about where I got my template for the bags I made. I had bought a bag punch out from my LSS and just traced it onto my dp. When things settle down I'd be happy to try to scan it if it will scan and email it to you if you email me from my site with your email I'll see if I can figure out how to do that! Our scanner has to "eat" the image... not a flatbed but I should be able to do it. Want me to try? Just let me know! Hugs,Grace

Janna said...

Oh Sabrina this is just beautiful! I love the gorgeous layout and the lone rose! Such a beautiful sympathy card. Glad to hear your headache is getting better! So sorry to hear though that this has to be a sympathy card. I am sure it will mean a lot to your friend!

Smiles,
janna