Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello on this beautiful Tuesday.....


my friends? As I have told you yesterday I have a little something for you all today :D!!!

This card right here is another simple one, because you know how it goes when you have your kids home with you (yeah, my 7 y.o.DD is off school for 2 weeks of Spring break!!!!) It is all good though, most of the afternoon they are in the backyard riding their bikes and just coloring up the patio with chalk. I have two little dirt balls by the time they get back in the house for supper, LOL!!!! But what I was trying to say, since I still have this darn headache I can only stamp for so long before it gets to me, so quick cards for the time being :P. I am still using those stamps from ISC and let me tell you this Batik BG stamp is so beautiful, no matter which way you use it. For this card I used SU confetti white {like those speckles in it ;)} and SU Close to Cocoa. I stamped the BG stamp with VersaMark and used Stampendous Opaque white embossing powder to heat emboss. For some reason it did not emboss the way I wanted it too, but you know what, it kind of looks like a lace background and as we all know most lace has this unevenness to it, so I kind of went from there. Using my Nesties 3 labels and just adding a simple "Thank You" some flourishes and half pearls and I was done, well almost!!! Something was missing in the bottom left corner since I used some of this 1.5" cream colored sheer ribbon, so I finally broke out one of the white, well, I don't think they are white, they look more off-white, Prima's I bought from Simon says stamps, and it was done.


Thank You

Recipe:
Paper: SU Confetti White, Close to Cocoa
Ink: VersaMark and SU Close to Cocoa
Stamps:SU Thank You Kindly, ISC Batik Flower BG stamp, Paper Salon "Fancy Flourishes" set for the flourish corner
Accessories: Nesties Labels 3, half pearls, pearl brad from Michael's, off-white Primas, cream colored sheer ribbon, dimensionals
There you have it, a simple card, but yet so elegant. I really like the way it came out.
I know this was a short post, but please be patient with me, I am trying hard to get rid of these headaches. I don't know if it something about Arizona or what. When we were stationed here from 2000-2004 I had them, but not that bad, we went to Okinawa,Japan and I very rarely had any headaches. Now we are back in Arizona they seem to be a constant visitor at my house again. Anyhow, thanks for stopping by today. You guys really mean a lot to me. You all have a wonderful day and I will hopefully be back with something soon. I really want to make a card for the CAS challenge over at SCS. It sounds like lots of fun.
Hugs,

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend - I hope you feeling better soon!!! Hugs ~S~

Your card is just smashing - so elegant!!! I love it!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my, what a stunning card -- totally gorgeous!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches -- hope you can get them under control!!!

Nancy said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

I hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hate having headaches :( Hope you feel better soon~.
Your card is gorgeous as always! The BG stamp is sure pretty.

Janna said...

Sabrina this is amazing!!! I love the stunningly elegant color combo and the gorgeous nesties 3 dies you used! So, so jealous! LOL! An amazing card! Sounds like the girls are having a great time on their time off! It is so fun when they can get outside and play!

smiles,
janna