Friday, March 6, 2009

WOW, where did the week go?

Hello my friends, I know you might say, are you kidding, TGIF. I was on a roll until yesterday. Everything I put in my hands yesterday kind of broke or did not work. Do you ever have those days? Well, it was a good thing that I was able to pull 2 cards off though :D. As I've told you I am a Spot Guest Architect {here is this fancy word again :D:D:D} and I still had to get some cards done for that. So, to make a long story short, I pulled the two sets that I still needed to work with out and brainstormed for a minute. The first one is pretty simple and I hope Betsy does not mind that they are. In my order that came in last Saturday from Joann I had some Vanilla Bazzil paper which I was not too sure about, but after taking it out of the package it was not too bad after all and with the addition of some K&Company Blue Awning paper it does not look that bad.


What do you think?



Recipe:

Paper: Bazzil textured Vanilla, SU Not Quite Navy, K&Company
Blue Awning

Stamps: ISC "Reflections" and "Be Thankful"

Ink: Chalk Box Prussian Blue, Blue Iris

Accessories: handmade stick pin (special request by Betsy!!!)
handmade crochet flower, pearl brad (found at Mike's
in the bridal department), beige sheer ribbon


Like I've said, real simple, but this butterfly is so dominant, that I just couldn't get it too overdone. Do you think she will like it?


All right, now to the second card. Since I already had the Bazzil Vanilla out I figured I just go ahead and use the other half, ;)!! Since we live in Arizona now I have not seen any cattails, but while we were in Okinawa,Japan, they were everywhere. This card is yet another simple one and I got to use my brand new Cricut cartridge Storybook. I thought I loved the few other ones I had, but this one is just "WOW". You can do so much with it. This butterfly corner is on the regular key a letter and when you push one of those extra buttons on the overlay it will turn into a regular butterfly or a "fancy corner"!!! Pretty cool!!!


Here it is, my "just saying hi" card


Recipe:
Paper: Bazzil textured Vanilla, SU Chocolate Chip
Stamps: ISC "Be Thankful" and the sentiment is from the Occasion
Set from Inkadinkado
Ink: Chalk Box Chestnut Roan, Palette in Vintage Cream from PTI
Accessories: Cricut Expression Storybook cartridge, Kaiser
Chocolate half pearls, Nesties Labels 1, Embossing Pen
to outline the butterfly and copper embossing
powder, corner rounder

That is all that is to it. I actually tried to stamp right before I wrote this post, but I had to stop. I am not feeling it today :(. Maybe it is because we are overcast today and it looks like it is going to rain at some point. I truly hope it does not rain, my baby, Naomi is on a field trip today. She was announcing yesterday, that she gets to go behind the scenes and scoop up giraffe poop. Seriously, why would someone get excited about that? That's a 7 y.o. for ya.

All right my friends, I thank you so very much for stopping by today to see what I have been up to. Little ole' me wishes you a great weekend. See you all later.

Hugs,

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful. I got some of those wonderful flowers crocheted. Thanks again for the directions. I LOL at your giraffe scooping story. I have a 7 y/o son and I have to tell you that he would be gagging even at the thought of that job...

Janna said...

I love them both! You are so talented at making elegant cards. You know just the right embellishments to add and where. it is truly a gift. I agree about the butterfly it is very dominiant and you did a great job of leaving it in the spotlight. Your second card though really shines with the contrast of the brown and white. Simply amazing. I hope your mojo comes back soon although I can't tell it is missing and I really hope your daughter's field trip turned out okay!

Smiles,
janna

Silke Ledlow said...

I hear ya - my weeks are just flying by these days....!!!

Your cards are both stunning - I really love how you rock the ISC stamps!!! Hugs ~S~