Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello and Happy Wednesday!!!!!!

Can you believe I got to stamp 2 days in a row? YEAH, for me!!! Yesterday I received a flyer in the mail from Pier 1 Imports and they had the coolest stuff in there. I usually don't buy there, but they have some fun stuff in this flyer. There were these coasters that had a swirly design in a muddy brown. So my head started spinning {you all know what I am talking about, right?!?!?!} Lately there have been all of these fun cards on SCS in the color combo brown/blue. This is just gorgeous to me, so this little beauty is what got me going this morning. At first I did the negative kind of thing {you know rubbing the ink pad directly over your embossing folder} but that was not the right look. Too much of the pretty blue was gone, so I ran a piece of bashful blue through the bug again and just used my trusty Chalk Box inks and rubbed over the swirls very lightly. That was much better. The rest is self-explanatory, because there is not much else to it but embellish a bit and "Viola" you have a card ready to go.



I'm here if you need me


Recipe:

Paper: SU Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Palette from PTI in Dark Chocolate

Stamp: Here for you by Verve

Accessories:

Prima's in light blue and brown, Basic Grey Granola button, light blue sheer and chocolate satin ribbon from my stash I brought back from Japan. Antic silver bead end caps, handmade stick pin with glass beads, Nesties Labels 1

Let me tell you it feels really good to be able to stamp and get that "Therapy Session" in every day!!!!!!


But wait, this was not all!!!! NO, I have another card for you this time one that I usually have a hard time with.


A "Man" card or a little more masculine if you will. No flowers on this one, but I think using this cool "We are Memory Keepers Precious Hardware" in silver lining I got from Joann.com with a 40% coupon a while back made it pretty easy. I also used some of the new papers I got on Saturday by DCWV "Latte". I have no idea why they call it that, because there is not really that much brown paper in there. It has more rich purples, green, blues in it than anything else, but it is yummy. I chose two of them, the stripes and the plain blue-ish gray ones. They just screamed masculine to me. Besides that I used SU's Buckaroo Blue, my Nesties Classic Rectangle Large, and stamps from 3 different companies!!!! Yep, I just had to do that :D.


Here we go:


Our prayers are with you

Recipe:

Paper: SU Buckaroo Blue, DCWV Latte Mat Stack

Ink: Chalk Box Charcoal, Prussian Blue

Stamps: CTMH Faith {praying hands} , Verve Notes of Prayer

{Our prayers are with you} Unity Something Within

{1 Chronicles 16:11 which is on the inside}

Accessories: Nesties Classic Rectangles Large, We are Memory

Keepers Precious Hardware Kit in silver lining for the

frame and brads

Pretty cool, if I may say so myself, LOL!!! No really, I always have a hard time with masculine cards, but I think this one will be a hit with my hubby. He critiques my cards, but when I make something that does not have flowers for a change, he will probably let me buy some more stuff, heehee!!!!. I told you all, I need some more SU papers. Gotta work it :D:D:D:D anyway you have to if you don't work ;).

Oh, let me ask you this. Does the second rectangle look all right sideways? At first I had it as a mat the right way under the praying hands but decided to change it. I did not like it plain that way either until I put the striped strip on it.

What ya think?

Hugs, until hopefully tomorrow ;)

4 comments:

Jami said...

Girl, you are cracking me up...work it!! LOL!!

I love these both! That second card is an AMAZING masculine card! The layout is just perfect!!

Jeanette - said...

These are both beautiful!!! I know what you mean about 'workin' it' :) I really like the back rectangle being horizontal with praying hands being vertical, it's works perfectly for me - LOL Great job, they really are quite gorgeous!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

You are sooo funny - Sabrina!!! Oh I hope we'll get to meet one day!!!

I do love the masculine card too - it's a beauty!!! I always have a hard time with masculine cards too...

Your color combo on the first time is fab - one of my top ten choices too...simply gorgeous card - my friend!!!

Janna said...

These are so stunning Sabrina!!! Wow, wow wow! I love blue and brown color combo and the swirls are amazing! Your maculine card is stunning as well! I love the layout and the hardware you used!

Smiles,
janna