Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ODBDSLC117 Let's do a little Sketch!

Hello and happy Tuesday stamping friends. It is time for a new Shining the Light Challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs and this week it is a sketch. Oh, I love a good sketch and this one was super fun. I went outside the box a little, but I think it works. So, here is the sketch




To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, August 5th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.



While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, August 5th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC117. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

And here is my card.

Angel Kisses


ODBDSLC117, ODBD CHallenge, Our Daily Bread Designs, Sentiments Collection

Recipe:
Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, Recollections Kraft, Bazzill textured cream card stock. Glitz French Kiss
Stamps: ODBD Sentiments Collection
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Vintage Photo
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 8, 17, resin angel, Recollections half pearls, Wild Orchid Crafts Ivory Trellis rose, Kraft colored lace with satin ribbon
Size: 5.5" x 5.5"
I hope you find inspiration in my card. To see what the rest of the team has come up with, check out
and our super talented Guest Designer Sherry Kushibab
This will be Sherry's last challenge with us!  Sherry, I will miss you, it was fun to have you play along this month. I know that you will not be a stranger in our challenge. So, I will not say "goodbye", I'll just say: "see you around my friend"!!
This is it for me for today. To see who won last weeks challenge make sure you'll check out the ODBD Blog. Remember this will be a TWO week challenge!!
Thanks so much for stopping by to say "Hi".
Have a blessed and super creative day sweet friends!
Hugs,



10 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning vintage design, Sabrina!! I just love your neutral colors, the angel, and the matching sentiment. Beautifully done! Gorgeous take on the sketch, GF!!
HUGS,
Chris

tammy said...

Sabrina!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! I love the reflection of the cherub /wings and the sentiment:) Not to mention the the pearls, rose, the ribbon n lace, distressing and the background cardstock design:) You are so anointed girl:) Mark me---I have been inspired:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Sabrina.....Love your take on the sketch, AWESOME angel, one of my favorite verses, and beautiful vintage colours, love that ribbon and flower too!!
Love & Hugs

Saints Rule! said...

This is darling Sabrina! That angel popping off the page is so sweet! The vintage colors and paper you selected complement this project so well. You have created another striking and MOVING creation! Beautifully done my friend!

Grace said...

Sabrina this is soooo gorgeous! I love the dreamy feel of the neutral tones and the fabulous angel! The lace, pearls, flower...all perfect touches for this warm card! Sooo pretty!
hugs,
Grace

Sherry Kushibab said...

Sweet Sabrina, how perfect is this card with that lovely little angel floating above the sentiment - WOW, you did awesome. This is more than a card it is a keepsake. You have inspired me once again - Hugs, while it was fun doing the challenges with you, you know I will be visiting.

Rosemary said...

you are definitely going CAS on me, girlfriend... but with your own perfect shabby little twist! beautiful card, sabrina!! hugs!

Jan Marie said...

So beautiful. . .love the colors and the soft, creamy, dreamy feel, love the pairing of the angel with sentiment. . .masterful, my dear!! Hugs and blessings!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful vintage feel, love the papers and lace combo, and the angel is a great touch!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Ok Brina girlie!!! Gotta know where you found that angel!!! How gorgeous and so wonderful with that sentiment!!!