Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ODBDSLC115 Torn or Distressed

Hello and happy Tuesday my blogging friends!  It is time for a new Shining the Light Challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs. This time around it is all about tearing and distressing on your creation!

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, July 15th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, July 15th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC115. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
And here is what I came up with
You bless me....
ODBDSLC115, ODBD, ODBD Challenge, Our Daily Bread Designs, Elegant Oval Frames, Sentiment Collection

Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, Recollections Mustard Yellow and Kraft, My Minds Eye Lost &Found Two Sunshine

Stamps: ODBD Sentiments Collection, Elegant Oval Frames

Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Vintage Photo

Accessories: Spellbinders Lacey Ovals, ODBD Custom Die Elegant Ovals, Memory Box Tender Leaves, Mulberry paper roses, lace, ZVA Creative pearl flourish

Size: 5.5" x 5.5"

As you can see LOTS of distressing and even some tearing! :D

To see what my Sister Sticks have come up with make sure you'll stop by to see what

Chris

JanK

Jan Marie

KathyR

Lori

Rosemary

and our wonderful Guest Designer Sherry

have come up with.

To see who won last weeks challenge make sure you'll check out the ODBD Blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by to say "Hello". It is an honor to see you come and visit!

Have  blessed and super creative day!

Hugs,

13 comments:

kathi17 said...

Your card is really pretty Sabrina. Those flowers and flourish are gorgeous. That stamp and die set are on their way to me now, and I can't wait to try them. They look so elegant!

Dawn said...

a beauty, Sabrina! love your distressing!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Sabrina!! I just love the yellow and the craft combo with the distressing and elegant details!! Beautiful my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy said...

So gorgeous Sabrina! Your distressing is awesome! I love the little torn back piece! The yellow really pops! I love the flowers in the corners too! Blessings! Kathy

Sherry Kushibab said...

Wow, how sweet is it that your flowers match so perfectly to your paper....if I worked at distressing my edges all day I don't think I could make them as lovely as yours with that oh so natural looking tear on the right. What card doesn't look great with pearls...a great card. Hugs.

Unknown said...

hiya absoloutly gorgeous...not a yellow fan but seeing this i could be swayed fabulous and love the distressed look hugs sassyx

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Yes, Sabrina, I'm going for those yellow flowers, too!! Really nice reflection of the paper. And you sure got that torn part down!! Since you have encouraged me and my craft room is done, I think I'll take a stab at this challenge! Beautiful card, my friend!!

Rosemary said...

wow... what a stunner, sabrina!! the distressing is absolute perfection! hugs!!

Saints Rule! said...

Love all the distressing Sabrina! Those roses just pop right off the page! Beautifully done!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

As always, stunning!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love that yellow with the kraft, it really pops so pretty, like your tearing :)

Grace said...

Oh so yummy Brina! I always love how you distress your papers!!! I can never get mine to look that good! Love the kraft! I'm really beginning to love kraft for everything!!! Just beautiful my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Jan Marie said...

SWOON!!!This is so beautiful, Sabrina!! Love that pop of color and that flourish of pearls!! The colors are so warm and the distressing just right!! Lovely (as usual!!) Hugs and blessings!!