Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shout For Joy!!

Hello and happy Wednesday sweet blogging friends!  I m popping in today to share a very masculine card I have made using one of the September release stamp set by Our Daily Bread Design  called "Keep Climbing". I know I have said it many times before, I have a bit of a hard time coming up with designs for more masculine cards, so I was playing around a little and this is what I came up with


Shout For Joy



Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate

Stamps: ODBD  Keep Climbing

Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, Vintage Photo

Accessories:   Spellbinders Curved Rectangles, Classic Circles Large, Twill ribbon, Twine ribbon, assorted buttons (from my stash)

So, what d you think? Does this qualify as masculine? I know this is way different from what I usually do, but I am sure that men don't necessarily go for lace, flowers and all kinds of embellishments. :D;D   I know my hubby is more of a simplistic kind of guy, so I was aiming for it!

Well, this is it for me for right now! Thanks so much for stopping by! I do appreciate each and every comment.

Have a blessed and super creative day!

Hugs,


6 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Sabrina, i love your masculine card. the colors and the ribbons are wonderful. your right, men like a card that is simple. I know Wayne would love a card like this so I think I had better make him one. I have this stamp set and love it. You nailed it with this masculine card.

I also love the card below. It is gorgeous. THe DP, lace and tiny pink flowers are all great! I love your cards Sabrina.

I hope that you are doing well and that your daughters are both loving school.

Hugs
Mary

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful card Sabrina!! I just love the earthy feel to it with the trim and buttons. Your shading is perfect.
hugs,
Chris

Conniecrafter said...

Perfect masculine card, Love the shading of the image and the texture you brought to it with the layering of the twill ribbons that looks great and perfect buttons to accent it. Great verse and framing of it!

Kelley said...

I love you guy card! Its so handsome..LOL!! Seriously, this is perfect for a man!!

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Yep, I have read that men prefer simple and uncluttered in design as well as in sentiment. Seems like this should suit a fellow just fine!

Saints Rule! said...

Love the rich tones! Very striking and perfect for those hard to create for guys! Fabulous job dear friend! Hugs and blessings...

Lori