Friday, September 18, 2009

Hi there on this breezy Friday.......

here in AZ! I have a card for you all today, well, I actually had 2, but I could not get a good picture of one of them. I mean I've tried outside, inside, I just could not get the colors to come out right. Don't you hate that? I made this clean and simple card and I used white card stock as my base and added the embellishments on there in form of a handmade flower which I used kind of a dark purple for and some dark purple grosgrain ribbon, but the ribbon looks BLUE in all pictures, so I am not going to post this one. It is bugging me!!!!! Any tips on taking pics of purple things without them looking BLUE?
On to my second card, which I will show you a picture of :D:D:D:D.

Last month I discovered that Taylored Expressions was offering Key Ingredients Kits, and let me tell you I just had to give them a try. So I went to their website and signed up for a 3 months subscription. The August Kit was the first one I received, a little late, because there was such a high demand, but I did receive it and I am loving it!!!!!! This is not the first card I made with this set, but I forgot to take pictures of the other ones before I gave them out already. For those that don't know what the Key Ingredients Kit is all about, you get a box of supplies that are absolutely yummy ;D. There is enough card stock in there to make a ton of cards (16 according to Taylor) , 6x6 DP, coordinating ribbon, rub-on's for the Aug. Kit, and a package of Rhinestones, absolutely GORGEOUS. To find out more about it you can check out the details at Taylored Expressions
this is the link to the info on the 3 months subscription which I have, but I am loving it, so I am thinking about getting the 6 months one ;D.


Here is my card



I thank my God.....



Recipe:
Paper: All papers and card stock from the August Key Ingredient Kit from Taylored Expressions

Ink: Palette Moulin Rouge
Accessories: trim from August Key Ingredient Kit from Taylored Expressions, Nesties Labels 1, Recollections half pearls, foam tape
Don't you just think that this paper is absolutely GORGEOUS???

I did receive my September Kit yesterday, but have not opened it yet, but from what I did see through the package, it is yummy as well ;D.

Well, I am off to get some cleaning done before my 8 y.o. DD comes home from school early today. They are having another half day due to teacher/parent conferences.

Oh, I usually don't say too much about my family here, but I just have to share this with you all. I am a very proud Mommy today, as my 8 y.o. has all A's and A+'s in her quarterly report card. I told her, when she comes home today I'll take her for pizza to Pizza Hut, yep, my kids love Pizza Hut, and she gets to buy a new Nintendo DS game. Sorry, but I just had to share. Doesn't it feel good when your kids do well in school? I hope and pray it stays this way :D.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend, I might just see you all back this weekend, after I get some playtime with my new Kit ;D.

Hugs,

11 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Woohoo I found the comment box this time. That happened to me on a CDS blog hop where they HAD to leave a comment. I was a nervous little Nelly... I had to redo the entire post.

This is a beautiful card. I love the fall colors and that paper is gorgeous. You do these so well. Great job Sabrina.
Congrats on your DD report. We all love PH too. All of my girls worked there throug high school to save for college. Plus we got a discount...Can't beat that..Have a great weekend.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...this is a real eye catcher...very elegant with lots of fab details....you rock, gf

Mary said...

Your card is so beautiful Sabrina. As for your ribbon coming out blue instead of purple it might be your white balance. Off the top of my head that is all I can think of. I wish I could be more help.

It sounds like you have a very smart little girl. It is awesome when our children come home with A's. They deserve to be rewarded. Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza. Your daughters have good taste too. :)

Mary

Carla Murphy said...

Beautiful! I love how you've embossed behind the sentiment & that delicate ribbon on the end is beautiful. Love how you've done this Sabrina.

Congrats on your daughter's A's....enjoy your pizza!! 8)

C said...

First of all, and most importantly (!) Congratulations to your awesome Scholar. That is a huge accomplishment! Surely got her brains from her mama, right? ;-)

Lovely card as usual. I'm such a sucker for pearls, too. Love it.

Lori said...

I like how you are able to use this dp as background, it seems very bold to me. You made a great card, though! Congrats to your DD, A's are wonderful, keep up the good, hard work. You too, mom, can't get those without parental input.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sabrina, love this card and that kit - gorgeous!! You akways bring your cards together in such an elegant way Sabrina - you are one gifted sister!! Thanks for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

Hi Sabrina,
What a stunning card!! You are definitely enabling me about the kit, hehe.
The details you added are so beautiful, too!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Sabrina!!! Love that dp!! I can't look anymore or I may need to get that kit too.

Congrats on winning the ODBD Pocket card challenge!!!

hugs,
Chris

Velta said...

You are so funny...Of course you are proud of your DD for making all A's...My daughter always excelled academically and I was always so very proud of her!!! The card is to die for Sabrina!!! I love your idea of stamping the sentiment and then embossing over it. At least I think that is what you did...at any rate...perfecto!

katiesniche said...

Lovely card! I can't believe you had an unopened package, lol. Anyway....always fun to have new things to play with!
Congrats on your DD's grades, I know mine is still loving school. You're a great Momma!