Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Friday.......

my friends!!! Today is the day, release day at Innovative Stamp Creations. Not just that, but today is also Betsy's Birthday, YEAH!!!!!! And because of that, she is doing something very special that has never been done in ISC's history. You can buy all 5, yes I've 5 newly released stamp sheets for ONLY $ 40.00!!!!!!! (Retail price 56.49!!!) WOW, that is one good deal in my book ;D. This special offer ends Friday 18. September 2009. Here are the links to all 5 sets so you'll get an idea on what you'll get for your buck ;D





Let it Bloom


Tropicals


Shades of Autumn


Farm Life


Country Living





I'd say that is a whole lot of stamps for not that much money ;D.





But wait, to make this a little easier on you to decide I have also a card to share with you all.





For this card I've used the Shades of Autumn stamp sheet
this stamp set is just gorgeous. This image is of a Coleus leave. I was trying to make it look like the Coleus plants that I remember from back home in Germany. We had them everywhere and I remember the really pretty green on the outside of the leaves and a more vibrant burgundy kind of color in the center. To achieve somewhat of that look I used watercolor paper stamped the image of the leaf in SU Mellow Moss and colored it in with my watercolor brush and Adirondack markers in Meadow and Currant which I just took straight form the pen unto my watercolor brush and started blending. As a card base I chose PTI Rustic White and as a second layer Bazzill textured cs in olive and last but not least a layer of PTI Scarlet Jewel (absolutely gorgeous color IRL ;D). Since I wanted to give at least one of my panels a little more interest I stamped that same Coleus leaf several times on the Scarlet Jewel cs in VersaMark and rubbed Pearlecent Chalks in 2 shades of green over it. Sorry, but my camera did not really pick this feature up very well, but believe me, IRL it is really cool looking. To finish the card off I distressed the focal image with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and sponged the edges a bit, added the sentiment in Mellow Moss and added some Dew Drops in Pearl Lettuce and Currant. The ribbon is olive green sheer ribbon from May Arts.

What do you think, does it look like the real thing?

If you have a minute make sure you head on over to the ISC Blog and check out some of the cards the girls made. You will not be disappointed those girls rocked each and every one of the sets.

Thanks so much stopping by today and I hope you've enjoyed your visit.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs,

9 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what beautiful coloring....fab, fab. fab

ENABLER ALERT.....by the way, Ms. Silly.....all you had to do was ask......the corner punch I use all the time is one that I call the dimple punch, but Marvy, the company who makes it, calls it the scallop corner rounder......I know that it is available at
franticstamper.com
for about 7 dollars (or at least that's what I last paid)

Connie M. said...

Sooo beautiful, Sabrina!! LOVE your beautifully colored leaf, and the fab ribbon!! The dew drops are the perfect touch too!

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful Sabrina. Thanks for the heads up for the sale at ICS.

Mary

Carla Murphy said...

Beautiful card Sabrina! Definitely looks like the real thing! 8)

Lori said...

Cool leaf! I never have tried water coloring like that w/ the markers.

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina - this is such a beautiful card!!! Love the soft and rich colors!!! Thanks for letting us know it's Betsy's birthday!!! Hugs ~S~

Velta said...

Yes, yes, yes it looks like the real thing! Your coloring is beautiful. I love the entire thing. The ribbon, dew drops all perfectly coordinated!!!

Dawn B. said...

Sabrina this is beautiful. I love the color combo you chose. It is perfect. I love these new sets too. I just went and looked at them. The Farm Life tugs at my heart..Reminds me of home.. Super job on this card...

Lovely Linda said...

Gorgeous card Sabrina...love your colouring of that leaf - so lifelike!! This card has such a warmth to it, you have showcased these ISC stamps so well! Thanks for sharing!! God bless you!