Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oh my goodness.....

it is Saturday and I am just now getting a chance to get on my computer. You can imagine that I was at awe when I saw all of those nice comments you guys have left me. YEAH, I am jumping up and down in my chair, LOL!!!! Thanks so much for making my day a happy day!!!!


I have a little something for you all today as well. I found out the other day that a young lady at our church has been pretty sick and I decided to take the time and sit down a make a card for her to let her know that I am thinking of her. She is pretty quiet and not really a people person, but never the less I wanted to send her a little pick me up card and this is what I came up with.



Thinking of You
Recipe:


Paper: PTI White, Basic Grey Ambrosia


Stamp: Inkadinkado (I am not sure but I think it's the Occasion set)


Ink: Chalk Box Creamy Brown, SU Close to Cocoa


Accessories: Nesties Labels 1, Prima Hydrangeas from the Deep Woods Collection, Dew Drops Sunflower Mix, off white sheer ribbon from my stash





As you can see it is a pretty simple card, but I hope that the happy colors will cheer her up a little.


Since I was done so fast with this card I just had to do another one ;P, you all know what I am talking about, right? When you have a chance of sitting at your table and you accomplish something pretty quick you just keep going :D:D.

You might remember that I received some new Verve stamps last week and so I decided to reach into my Verve box and get going on a card that had Hebrews 11:1 on it. You all know that scripture, right?

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".


See for me this is a very powerful scripture and reminding me, that even if you can't see the end of the tunnel yet, it is there. Plus, it is a pretty good card to have on hand for someone that is going through.



Faith...............




Recipe:
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, K&Company Roam (found it on sale the other day at Joann ;D)

Stamp: Verve Plain Jane Hebrews 11:1

Ink: Su Chocolate Chip, Chalk Box Creamy Brown

Accessories: ZvaCreative.com crystal flourish, Prima Hydrangeas, Nesties Petite Oval Large, off white satin ribbon, half pearls, antique copper cross charm from Expressions of Faith, foam tape, dimensionals

What do you think? It's not a fancy card or anything, but I sure got my dose of Therapy in. I am pretty happy about that, plus I was able to share a little something with you all.

Off I go to get some chores done. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you all after the weekend.

Hugs,

6 comments:

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful Sabrina. I love that you stamped to make someone's day a little brighter. You are amazing...Great job.

Joanne (jojot) said...

you are really doing some beautiful work, showcasing these great sentiments

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Sabrina, these cards are gorgeous - the lady from Church is going to be blessed that you were thinking about her. Your cards are always so elegant and carry such warmth - this is a gift my friend! I love that scripture stamp - gorgeous with the crystal flourish and hydranga!!! What a blessing you are Sabrina!! Thanks for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

Velta said...

Both cards are equally beautiful...but the first one means the most as it comes with some real thought and I am sure prayers. TFS!!!

Kathy W said...

Very pretty cards, and I'm sure that your friend at church will really appreciate such beautiful art and your kind thoughfulness. Thanks for sharing here.

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina - both cards are absolutely beautiful!!! Love the added rhinestones on your *faith* card :)!!! Hugs ~S~