Monday, August 31, 2009

Good Monday morning......

hope your weekend was fun and relaxing. Last week my neighbor came over and asked me if I had time to show her some ideas for little chocolates she was planning on giving to some nurses at the hospital where she gets her monthly treatment. I said sure and we went to town. We had so much fun she wanted to go to Mike's and get some paper and stuff on her own. She was totally overwhelmed with what was out there, but she bought some cool paper and ribbon and other embellishments. Besides that we found all kinds of little notepads and journals, magnets etc. that are usually in the $ bins, but they had a sale and everything was 45 cents, so we went overboard ;P. Needless to say that she came back the next day and was all excited to see how easy some of the little boxes and bags were to make. I have a few pictures to show you guys with what the bags looked like that I made samples of. So you'll have to forgive me that I am only showing the pictures and don't really have a recipe on what I used as I totally forgot to write it down, sorry!!!



The first picture is of a little box purse I made from a tutorial that I found at Carolina's . To be honest I truly love this little purse as you are able to alter it to make it bigger and still just use one sheet of 12x12 paper ;P.





Recipe:

K&Company DP sorry can't remember the name as it was a loose piece I had laying around

Prima flowers, Dew Drops and River Rock grosgrain ribbon from Ribbons And Bows Oh My.



Isn't that a cute little bag? It is so very quick to make too even for a beginner, like my neighbor. She really loved this one and was wondering if I could make this into a bigger bag. Well, needless to say that I gave it a try right after she had left and this is what I came up with. Since it is pretty big 9" wide and 4.5" high and 2" deep I used an entire 12x12 sheet of DP and had the idea of making it into a closed purse, so I added an additional piece of CS in a coordinating color and this is the result




The 12x12 piece for this purse was scored at 5", 7" on one side. I turned it and scored on the other side at 1.5" and 10.5".



After assembling the bag I added the separate piece of cs after scoring it at 1" and 1 1/4". For the flap I simply cut off the corners on an angle. I attached the 1" part to the back of the bag and punched 2 holes into the 1/2 " part ad threaded ribbon trhough for the handle. If there is any interest on having more details on this bag, I'll get more detailed instructions together.


Aren't those cute? This last bag actually holds quite a lot of stuff and is IMHO is much nicer and personal than a store bought gift bag.


All right, that was the playing around stuff I also have a Birthday card I made for one of the ladies at church.

I got to use some of my new PTI cs, well, it has been around for a while, but I never had ordered it until now. It is called Rustic Cream and is a lot like the SU confetti white paper, but heavier ;D.

Have a look at my last minute Birthday card


Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, SU Close to Cocoa, K&Company K-Ology DP, SU Pretty in Pink


Stamps: SU Elegant Cheer


Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Chalk Box Creamy Brown to age the edges of the Pretty in Pink layer behind the DP.


Accessories: Nesties Labels 3, chocolate satin ribbon, Prima roses from the Fairy Tale Collection, pink Dew Drops, foam tape, dimensionals

Isn't this a cute little card? The elderly lady I gave it to absolutely loved it. She was so excited that I thought of her, but you know what, it was more rewarding for me, as I was able to put a smile on her face. She had lost her daughter who was younger than I am, while we were in Japan.

All right, this is it for now. Thank you so very much for stopping by.

Have a wonderful day,



9 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

well....weren't you a happy stamper with all these stylin and gorgeous projects....fab work, my friend.....you really master 'vintage' and 'beautiful'...tfs

Lori said...

Looks like you had fun! Your birthday card is very feminine!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sabrina - wow you have been busy - these are adorable! Love those bags...they always look good to be, I am not really an 'off the page' person - I love them but never make them - so you rock my friend! Love the papers and floers - no wonder your neighbour was back for more!!! Great card too - you are the amazing how quickly you can put together a beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing - it is always a pleasure to visiit you!! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina - your purses and card are marvelous - GF!!! It looks and sounds like you all had a blast - LOL!!! Keep them beauties coming :) Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Sabrina, all projects are gorgeous!!! Love the purse idea!! I can tell you had a fun time with creating, too!! TFS~ xoxo

Grace said...

Wow Sabrina! These bags are incredible!!! LOVE them both! Great paper choices and totally fun and creative! Love your quickie card too! (sure doesn't look quick)! Your work is always incredible!!! Hugs and blessings!

Velta said...

Oh, what can I say Sabrina??? All three of these are just gorgeous! Wish we could get together and you could show me how to make those darling purses...and I love, love that DP paper you used on the card!!! Obviously, you are a giving person and I know how you feel about giving feeling better than receiving. That is what I love about this hobby/addiction. It makes me feel so good when I see the look on a person's face..."You made this for ME?"

Connie M. said...

WOW!! These are all so wonderful, Sabrina!! Love both of your cute purse bags!! What fun! Your card is just so beautiful too! How fun to be able to show your friend these project and to spread the joy of paper crafting!! :) Hugs!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Those little purses are just darling and I LOVE the card -- so pretty!!!