Friday, March 21, 2014

Let's look back at the ODBD March Release!

Hello there stamping friends. Today we are taking a look back at the Our Daily Bread Designs March release. If you have not seen these wonderful and fun stamps, you sure are missing out! Also check out this fun new paper line called Blooming Garden Collection by ODBD.....awesome! Here is a card I have made using the sweet daisy paper which is part of this collection and the "Sweeter Than Honey", "Honeycomb mini", "Zinnia" and the coordinating die (bee used on my card) called "Zinnia and Leaves die" check it out

Sweeter Than Honey






Recipe:

Paper: White, Harvest Gold, DP ODBD Blooming Garden Collection

Stamps: ODBD Sweeter Than Honey, Honeycomb mini, Zinnia (for the bee)

Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Sunflower, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Copics

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 18, 30, ODBD Custom Zinnia and Leaves dies, cotton crochet lace in white, Venise lace in golden yellow, Glossy Accents, seam binding, Frosted Lace Stickles, 

Size: 5.25" x 5.25"







The honey jar and the honey dowel (is that even the name for it ?) I fussy cut. To give the jar more dimension I added Glossy Accents to make it look more like a real jar and for the honey that is sort of dripping and puddling up there I added Glossy Accents as well and once it dried just a little I used a tooth pick and sort of pulled the Glossy Accents from the puddle up to the honey dowel, you can see it really well, if you click on the above photo to enlarge it.

Well, this is my little card for today's post. To see the amazing creations the other Breadsticks have come up with check out the below links


Chris * Grace * Sandee * Stacy * Julie * Dawn * Sabrina (that's me ;D)
 * Cathy * Lori Wanda

If you have any problems with the links above, you can see all the cards the girls created also on the ODBD Blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! We are spending the day at the Biosphere with my girls, it's their last day of Spring Break and they are both fascinated with Science.

Have a blessed weekend!

Hugs,



8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Sabrina, this really is SWEET, just like you!! And I love your design and the beautiful, cheery colors! The ODBD papers works beautifully with the honey jar and honey wand (I think that's what they call it...but not sure...hehe!!). And the glossy accents really shine as the honey drips deliciously! And of course the little bee is a-flying for some sweetness, and I LOVE your beautiful ribbon and lace trimmings! Hugs, sweet friend! Another delight to my eyes!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Sabrina!! I just love the designer paper and how you brought out the colors with the gold accents!! The honey looks so realistic with the gloss. Very cheerful my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty & sunny, Sabrina! Love the bright yellows w/ the daisy paper and your little bow is lovely.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Sabrina! I LOVE this!! The honey looks so real!!! WOW!!!

Grace said...

Soooo sweet Sabrina! I love the dp you chose and the gorgeous trims you paired with it... and of course you know I love that blob of honey!!! :) Beautiful design my friend!
hugs,
Grace

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Your honey dripping off is AWESOME. Oh my goodness... Very clever and beautiful.

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card, Sabrina, and love your dripping honey detail along with the subtle honeycomb BG!

Shirley said...

What a work of art! The way you did your images to support your sentiment is wonderful! The bow and the lace with that DP and the die cuts really show off your design! That honey dripping is wonderful too!