Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Hello there stamping friends on this fabulous Saturday! I have a pretty streamline card to share with you all today! I was going for  masculine card, but it turned into a little more feminine card after I was done, LOL! A while back I was going through a phase to crochet, you know one of those things that you had not done in a while and once you start you just can't stop? Well, I made some flowers and thought, if I simply added some more rows to them they would make cute doilies that I could use on my cards. To make a long story short, I have used one of those doilies and added a Jute Twine loop flower and a button and voila, my very different flower embellishment was done. Since I still had my August stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs on my table I made into another bookmark card. Have a look and see for yourself






Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, True Black, Recollections Kraft, BoBunny Time Piece

Stamps: ODBD Prayer Bookmarks

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

Accessories: Jute Twine, Jute ribbon, seam binding (hand dyed) hand crocheted doily, black grosgrain ribbon, ZVA Creative black rhinestone flourish, cross charm, Prima wood button, Spellbinders for ODBD Bookmark dies, corner rounder

Size: 4 1/4" x 6 1/2"

I really like how this came out. What do you think?

Well, this is it for me. Gotta run to the corner store and pick up a news paper. My oldest  told me during breakfast that she has a current event due on Monday.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Hugs,





5 comments:

Gemiel said...

Beautiful card Sabrina!! Love the crocheted flower and how you tucked the bookmark in behind the just ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is lovely, Sabrina! I love the neutrals and your flower creation turned out beautifully. Keep healing so you can share more of your creativity with us. Blessings & Hugs

Jan Marie said...

EEK!! You crocheted that lovely flower. . .it's incredible!! (as is your entire project!!) Love the colors and the textures!! I do pray that you continue to heal and that you are able to resume your craft soon, the papercrafting world is not the same without your usual volume of shabby chic loveliness! Hugs and blessings, dear sister!

Mary said...

Sabrina

I love how your tags came out.....all of them. but these two are without a doubt my very favorite. I sure hope that your arm and shoulder feel lots better. It makes it knid of tough to craft with pain in your arm. Thinking of you.

Hugs,
mary

Carla Murphy said...

Hello old friend! Love your beautiful card & tags and especially the crocheted doily you made - that is spectacular! Hope you are well. Take care, Carla.