Friday, June 4, 2010

Hi there on this.......





oh so hot day here in Southern Arizona!! I have been trying hard not to turn the A/C on downstairs on the main floor, but goodness, I think I can't take it anymore...the temperature is about 100 degrees Fahrenheit and my ceiling fans just don't do it for me anymore :D:D.


Anyhow...I know you did not com to visit me to hear about the weather so I will share a few cards with you all that I made last night and this morning ;D.


I really needed some "Therapy Time" and what better to do to create for someone else. My first one is very elegant and yes, has a touch of Vintage to it :D:D.





My Health may fail......



















Recipe:

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, moss colored cs, Basic Grey Cappella

Stamps: ODBD Scripture Series 1

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, ODBD Olive, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye and Antique Linen


Accessories: Nesties Labels 9, Labels 12, Zva Creative Taupe Rhinestone Flourish, antique brass heart charm and cross charm, Prima mini roses, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, cream satin ribbon from my stash, taupe silk ribbon, MayaRoad Vintage Pearl Trinket Pin, golden glass bead, Recollections golden half pearls, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, glue dots, 3D foam tape





So, what do you think about this first one? I just realized that this card will fit perfectly into the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge # 57 over at Christian Paper Crafts Magazine ;D. Oh, I love when things work out like this,LOL!!! To find out more about this awesome challenge Angie Crockett hosts, head on over to the CPCM website.

On to my next card..this one is very clean and does not have very many embellishments at all!! Do you all ever go to Michael's or Joann's and see all of those awesome things they have in the $ bins? Well, I do all the time and I guarantee that I will not leave either store not buying at least one item (that is if I can contain myself :D:D:D). A little while back I went to Michael's and they some felt coasters in that $ bin...I looked at them and said right away "this would look cool on a card". Well, I bought 3 packages, one in each of the colors they had and did not use them until last night. I pulled out some K&Company DP I found for about $ 2.99 at Tuesday Mornings called Wild Raspberry and some yummolicious silk ribbon and a butterfly I bought in February when the Scrapbook and Stamp Expo was in town and viola a card was born. To give it a little something, something I added some silver half pearls and one of my favorite scriptures on a circle cut with my Nesties Standard Circles large and viola a card was born!!! I love it when something comes together this easy. Have a look for yourself at this super easy card



Be still.........
























Recipe:


Paper:PTI Soft Stone, PTI Spring Rain, K&Company Wild Raspberry



Stamp: ODBD Scripture Collection 3 Psalm 46:10



Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, ODBD Steel Blue, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Faded Jeans



Accessories: blue felt coaster from Michael's $ bin, Butterfly, Recollections silver half pearls, May Arts silk ribbon





Did I tell you it was simple or what?



All right and last but not least one card that was inspired by a card I saw on the Spellbinder Blog. My card is not exactly like that one, but I wanted to use the idea of creating a frame and this is what the result is





Praying you'll soon......







Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, SU Creamy Caramel

Stamp: ODBD Get Well


Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye and Vintage Photo


Accessories: Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant Classic Square Large, Recollections half pearls, handmade flower and leaves done with my Cricut Expressiona nd the Accent Essentials cartridge and a paper crimper


Wheeewwwww, are you still with me? WOW, was that a long post or what? I am sorry that I have been so long today, but I wanted to make sure I share all three with you ;D.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and if you have a minute I'd really love to hear what you think about each and every one of these cards.


Make sure you come back to visit me tomorrow for another Shining the Light Challenge. You will love tomorrow challenge...Chris has come up with another sketch, plus we have a BUNCH of the Bread Sticks playing tomorrow. so make sure you have a cup of coffee or tea ready when you check in tomorrow.



Until then.....have a fabulous rest of the day!!



Hugs and blessings,


5 comments:

Crystal said...

Sabrina WOW sweetie these are three GORGEOUS creations...I LOVE the bling on the first one!!!! The felt and the butterfly are AWESOME on the second!!! GREAT colors and layout on the third..Those diecuts and flower looks GORGEOUS!!! Hope you are having a wonderful Friday!

Lori said...

Your mojo is certainly working just fine! Thanks for the birthday wishes, my friend. Your cards are yummy, I think the first is my favorite today. The details are super!

Mary said...

Wow! Sabrina, 3 cards in one day? You are awesome! All 3 of your cards are beautiful. I can't believe that you used a coaster on one of them. I never would have guessed it. Love the buttefrly on the card too.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such high temps. I would have passed out if it had been 100 degrees in my home. Be careful.

Mary

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...wow...wow.....each is as beautiful as the next....the first is pure elegance, the second is bold and dramatic with lots of layers and texture, and the third is just fabulous, rich and warm with that layout

C said...

Wow...hang on while I pick my jaw up off the floor...3 gorgeous cards! Amazing!! and in all that heat, too!! It's hot here but not as hot as you are. I miss our two story houses but not practical here with the heat. We had to turn our air on last month..not just hot...humid!