Thursday, October 1, 2009

So far behind........

with the challenges. Well, a few weeks back I discovered the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge blog via a friend of mine, and I am hooked. Sometimes I don't get to play, but that is all right, because this morning, even still not feeling so good, I made a quick card for this challenge. It surely shows how time flies as this is already challenge # 6. This week the Sisters are using Psalm19:14 as the theme which reads: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, o Lord, my strenght and my redeemer" this is such a powerful scripture reminding us to watch what we say and think. Perfect to make a card to let someone know "Thinking of You or Praying for you". The perfect scripture and theme to go together.
Two weeks ago I received my KIT (key Ingredients Kit) from Taylored Expressions and it has the most beautiful papers, ribbons and other goodies in it. So, I just to dig in and use some of it ;D. For my base I chose a cream cs, some textured chocolate cs and some yummy DP which was also included in the kit. I am not sure what the name of the papers are, so , lets just call them the papers from the TE KIT :D.



As you all know I love DP no matter what brand and this one is no exception. I've decided on a 5.5"x5.5" card as I did not want to waste too much of the cut down to 6x6 paper. The main panel is cut with the Nesties Labels 3 dies and the sentiment, which is from the Verve Set Meditations and was tamped in SU Close to Cocoa. To make everything pop a little more I added some Kaiser chocolate half pearls and some gorgeous May Arts ribbon. I felt that something was still missing so I got my neglected glass beads and findings out and made a stick pin to add the missing jewelry :D:D. Since I wanted to incorporate the "Thinking of you or praying for you" part of the challenge I finished the inside off as well. This is such an easy card, but since I am using the theme scripture I think nothing much is needed as this scripture is very deep and speaks for itself.

Let the words of my mouth.....







Recipe:


Paper: all papers are from the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Kit for September 2009





Stamps: Verve Notes of Prayer and Meditations





Ink: SU Close to Cocoa and SU Basic Brown(for some sponging )





Accessories: Kaiser chocolate half pearls, cream and brown striped grosgrain ribbon from May Arts, handmade stick pin, Nesties Labels 3, 3 D dots and foam tape








This is the front of the card and this next picture is from the inside.




If you'd like to find out a little more about this challenge head on over to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge Blog
It is so much fun creating a card and being able to share your love for Christ at the same time. I am truly thankful that I found this group.

That is it for me, back to taking care of the kiddos and taking some meds myself.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate all of your well wishes I have received over the past few days. You guys are the BEST!!!

Hugs,

9 comments:

Kristine said...

This is so stunningly beautiful and so elegant Sabrina! Thank you so much for playing along from week to week, and thanks also for the wonderful comment you left on our SSCC blog today! :) Have a super day!!

Velta said...

Oh Sabrina ~ This is so very elegant!!! You are making me want some of that striped ribbon, it is just luscious!!! The card and sentiment is so beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF - this card is gorgeous!!! Glad you had a chance to get your mind of not feeling so well...yes, stampin' is the best medicine - he,he,he!!! Hang in there...I'm thinking of you and hope you will recover quickly :) Hugs ~S~

Joanne (jojot) said...

so classy.....wonderful work...hope you and yours are 100% soon

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Sabrina this is gorgeous! What a fabulous bow!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love the SSIC! The message they send is so uplifting!! Your card is gorgeous!! What a beautiful bow!!!

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Sabrina this is simply gorgeous!!! Love the understated neutral tones, the gorgeous ribbon and of course that wonderful Scripture!!! You have done a great job with this!!! I sure hope you are feeling better!!!

Lori said...

Sabrina, this is so beautiful, in what it says and how it looks!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Sabrina!! Your design and the way you use the little embellishents always amaze me!!
Are you feeling better? It's not fun to be sick and take care of family at the same time...:(