Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello and good Saturday morning to you......

my stamping friends!!  It is indeed Saturday and that means it is time for a new Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD and this weeks challenge is


Make a card or project without any coloring. You may sponge a background or use colored ink to stamp an image but NO Coloring!!


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, April 21. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by April 21 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC5. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
 
And here is what I came up with!! You all know me...I love my scripture stamps, so I did just that..use a scripture stamp.

The Joy of the Lord.......
 
 
 
Recipe: 
 
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, BoBunny Gabrielle
 
Stamps: ODBD Brocade Borders, Scripture Collection 6 (Nehemiah 8:10) 

Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Studio G Aqua
 
Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels 18, Fleur De Lis Squares, Zva Creative pearl flourish small, Recollections half pearls, Prima flower, leaves cut with my Cricut Expression and the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge, Offray Brides Mother lace 
 
This is it for my first creation, but since I could not really make up my mind, I made a second one ;D
Your Love of Lord....
Recipe:
 
Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Basic Grey Curio
Stamps: ODBD Faith
 
Ink:  Palette Moulin Rouge, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, Vintage Photo
 
Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels 18, Fleur De Lis Motifs, MayArts brown cotton crochet lace, Prima lace, handmade leaves cut with my Cricut Expression and the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge, handmade ribbon flower with bead center, burgundy rhinestones from my stash

All right, those are my two card....what do you think? I hope I was able to inspire you so yo can get your stamps out and get creating!! :D:D  

In case you need just a little more of that inspiration head on over to see what



Lori (our sweet guest-designer)


and  Silke

have come up with. To see all of the detail and to find out what else is going on over at Our Daily Bread Designs head on over to the Blog.

Well, this is it for me for today!!  Thanks so much for stopping by my sweet friends!!

Have a blessed weekend and I hope you'll get to play along in this fun Shining the Light Challenge!!

Hugs,



11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi my friend!!! I have missed you! Your creations are stunning!! I just love both of them with your elegant use of dies, the verses, and the gorgeous flower and pearl detail. Your rolled flower is so rich and beautiful!!!! Gorgeous take on the no color challenge!! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hi Sabrina!!! Well, you have blown me away with both of these gorgeous creations!!!! Amazing!!

Saints Rule! said...

"Sweet???" Girl, you haven't seen me when I haven't had coffee! lol... Seriously, this card is wonderful! I just love the soft colors. That Basic Grey Curio Paper Pad rocks! Love, love, love the rolled flower, the crocheted lace... I could go on and on... Have a great weekend my friend!

Carla Murphy said...

Hi Sabrina! These are beautiful cards. I especially love the brown & blue together. Such pretty lace & flowers.

Teresa Kline said...

these are both gorgeous...fabulous details...have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

velta said...

Sabrina ~ Your creativity never ceases to amaze me...both cards are equally beautiful! TFS :)

Dawn B. said...

These are both so pretty. I love the way you used your sentiments. I am always so bad at using my sentiments. Love the dies you have also used on these cards. Great job Sabrina.

Francie G. said...

Two beautiful creations, Sabrina! Love the lace, those beautiful flowers and fabulous use of the diecuts! Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs my friend!

Mary said...

Sabrina, I can see why you could not decide which card to post for this challenge. They are both beautiful! I love the scriptures that you used, the colors and I love the dies that you used. I love visiting your blog each week. It is always a pleasure to see what you have created.

I hope that you have a blessed weekend too. :)

Mary

Conniecrafter said...

Another great set of cards and just love your layering of the dies, in the first I like that blue with the brown background and pretty pearl placement.
The second one I just love your flower, so pretty!

Crystal said...

Sabrina oh my goodness girl both of these are sooooooooooo amazing and totally GORGEOUS!!!!! I just LOVE your style sweetie, you do such elegant and beautiful work, your amazing girly!!! big hugs!