Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good morning......

my stamping friends!! It is Sunday and time for a new Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!! This week it is Kristine that will host and she has come up with an amazing challenge. Her scripture to focus on this week is:

MAIN VERSE: Mark 15:17 "They put a purple robe on him, then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on him." CONTEXT PASSAGE: See Mark 15: 16-20 

and the challenge is to:

Use shades of purple as your main color AND/OR use wood paper or elements on your card. 

 Well, I went the easy route and chose shades of purple and this is what came out


Purple tulips.....



Recipe:

Paper: SU Pale Plum, PTI white, Perfect Plum, Basic Grey Wisteria

Stamps: ODBD FriendshipTulip Corner 

Ink: SU Pale Plum, VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 18, Standard Circles Large ,Recollections silver half pearls,  Martha Stewart Butterflies punch, Zva Creative rhinestone flourish (corner of it)

Very plain and simple, but I needed a card that I can send through the mail with no problem ;D

To see  what my Design Sisters have come up with make sure you visit


Well, this is it for me for today. 

Today is a special day as I get to hear my  husband preach!  Our Pastor allows the Elders every other Sunday to preach, so he can get a rest. What a blessing it is to have a Pastor like that, plus I enjoy it when my husband brings the message...he studies so hard for it and is up most of the night to get his time with God and get ready to bring the word to us.
May all of you have a blessed Sunday!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.....it truly means a lot to me!

Hugs,
  


17 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Sabrina!! I just love your hues of purple and your design with the tulips and butterfly!! I hope you enjoy listening your hubby preach today!!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

You created a BEAUTIFUL purple card Sabrina! I love those tulips in purple! Have a wonderful day and how special it must be to hear your hubby preach... just seeing him study the Word to prepare is a wonderful thing! Have a blessed week my friend!
hugs,
Grace

velta said...

Oh I know you are so very proud of your DH's preaching!! It is such an amazing gift for one to be able to give testimony! Your card is lovely, as always Sabrina!!! I love the design and your coloring is supurb!!!

Miesje said...

How wonderful to hear your husband preach - that is a special gift! I love your card! The purple tulips are wonderful! Have a wonderful week!

Kristine said...

Pretty card! I love that shape of Nesties you used on your sentiment =) Hope you had a very blessed Sunday, what a privilege for your hubby! =)

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful Sabrina. I love the sentiment that you used.

It must have been wonderful to listen to your husband preach today in church.:)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday with yur family.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beautiful card focusing on that wonderful sentiment.......love every element in your creations

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Beautiful card Sabrina... hope hubby got on well yesterday xx

Karen W said...

Beautiful!!! I love purple anything and your card is just stunnig.

Conniecrafter said...

so very pretty, I haven't used purple in quite some time.... love the use of those dies together so pretty and love your embellishing of it too.
I don't think I would get a wink of sleep if I had to give the message at church, I am more the behind the scenes gal even though they are trying to get me to come out of my shell more :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a beautiful card! Love those tulips as a sign that spring is coming.

Robyn said...

Sabrina, your work is delightful. Love the no ribbon challenge card! Thanks for sharing with us at CPC!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Sabrina.. I love purple tulips. The first year I owned a house I planted 50 purple tulip bulbs.. Such a great card..

Silke Ledlow said...

Purple gorgeousness Sabrina! Love it! Hugs ~S~

Crystal said...

Sabrina WOW totally lovin the purple!!! This is soooo beautiful and your image is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Sabrina - you have ben one busy stamper this week - I had to scroll down so many posts and am going to have to go back and see them all! I love your take on the SSIC this week - gorgeous image and such a beautifully detailed card!! Thank you for sharing your works of the heart!! {{{hugs}}}

Lori said...

Breathtaking!