Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birds.....it's all about the birds for ODBDSLC55

Good Saturday my sweet stamping friends!!  As you can see in the title of my post it is all about the birds for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!!

This weeks challenge:
-Use a bird image, punched bird, or birds on your designer paper.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, April 7. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by April 7 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC55. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.

 And here is what I came up with


Sing to the Lord



Recipe:

Paper: DCWV textured card stock in brown, PTI Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream, Prima Reflections

Stamps: ODBD Sing to the Lord  

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Broken China, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo

Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 10, ODBD Custom Die Elegant Labels , Parisian Accents, cream cotton crochet lace, rhinestones from my stash, Cuttlebug embossing folder leaf branches

To see what my Design Sisters have come up with head on over to



Lori (guest designer)



You can find all of the details of this challenge also on the ODBD Blog.

Well, this is it for me for right now. My DH has to work the entire weekend, so the girls and I will have a girls day, yeah!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Now get those stamps out and get creatin'......can't wait to see your creations!!

Hugs and blessings,



10 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous bird scene Sabrina!! Your bird reminds me of a Robin...and that means spring... Woo hoo!! Beautiful coloring and choice of papers my friend. You aced another challenge. Thanks for being you and always lending a helping hand!! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Sabrina, Wonderful design paper.

Carla Murphy said...

Sabrina! Wowzers I love this card my friend - just beautiful!!

Saints Rule! said...

Sabrina -

I love this scene! Your card is so serene... I get spring fever just looking at it! I love the die cuts you used to frame it and the lace... Well you know how I feel about lace! The DP you used frames the image so beautifully. You always create the most beautiful things... but that comes from a beautiful heart! Blessings my friend...

Lori said...

Beautiful, bright card, Sabrina! A robin is always the first sign of spring!

Francie G. said...

Such beautiful papers and colors, Sabrina! Wish I could use lace and make it look as beautiful as you do! I always like it on others cards, just can't seem to make it work on mine! Hope you have a beautiful weekend! Hugs!

velta said...

You ar eone talented girl Sabrina! I love this look...and again your an inspiration to me...Thank you for sharing :)

Crystal said...

Happy Sunday sweetie!! Oh my another gorgeous creation Sabrina!!! Fantastic image and I LOVE how you did the lace behind the image and your FABULOUS distressing!! Totally BEAUTIFUL!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Sabrina! Love the earthy colors! Wuensche dir ein schones Wochenende! Hugs ~S~

Conniecrafter said...

Love birds on branches and this is so pretty, just love how the paper frames it so lovely!!