Saturday, March 19, 2011

ODBD Shining the Light Challenge # 53

Good morning my stamping friends!! I hope you all had a fabulous week and enjoyed all of the ODBD Celebrations this week! I know I sure did and it was a blast to read all of the comments you, my sweet stamping friend, left! Thank You!!!

Since today is Saturday it is time for a new Shining the Light Challenge and this week we are challenging you to create a card or project with the theme:


 New Life- Since it is the first day of spring during this week in the USA, we want to see creations symbolizing New Life...this can be Easter, or flowers.....etc.  
This week's challenge is a challenge using Our Daily Bread Designs stamps only.  You must use at least one image or sentiment or image to qualify for the challenge.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, March 24. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. 

We will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by March 24 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC53. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.

For my card this week I chose two stamp sets that were released last year and they are Happy Easter  and The Lord Has Risen  and this is what came out :D


Recipe:
Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Sand colored cs from my stash, Prima Annalee

Stamps: ODBD  Happy Easter , ODBD , The Lord has Risen

Ink: SU Mellow Moss,Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tattered Rose, VersaFine Onyx Black

Accessories: Spellbinders ODBD Custom Dies Labels 1 (Elegant Ovals), Nestabilities Labels 5 , Zva Creative small pearl flourishes, Recollections half pearls, Copic markers: R11, V000, G21, G99, BG93, Y08, RV23, Mellow Moss colored ribbon, loop trim in cream from my stash, cream trim also from my stash

I know, the colors are not bright and don't look much like Spring, but I was going for a bit more Victorian/Shabby look ;D;D.  What do you think?

This is my interpretation of this weeks challenge if you would like to see what



Lori  (our wonderful guest)



have come up with make sure you head on over there after you leave here ;D.

If you want to find out what else is going on over at ODBD head on over to the ODBD Blog and find out the details to this wonderful challenge and everything else!!

This is it for me for today! I have plans today, I will be heading to the Tucson Rubberstamp and Scrapbook Expo with my oldest. She is super excited, but we have to wait until daddy gets back from a funeral he has to attend this morning, so he can watch the little one.  Yep, my oldest wants some "Mommy time", LOL!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and making my day a happy day!!

Have a blessed weekend and I hope you'll get to play along!

Hugs,


11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful my friend!! I just love your coloring of the flowers, the colors, and the shabby chic feel you gave to this card with the distressing and elegant details. So beautifully done my friend!! So Springy!!

Thanks for all you do for me and for the team. You are appreciated more than words can express. Have a great weekend!!

hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

This is so yummy I could eat it with a fork! I love the distressed edging, the coloring... oh and the pearls! The lace trim is so delightful too. It peeks out like a little bit of serendipity... Have a wonderful weekend!

Grace said...

Sabrina this is soooo gorgeous! I just love the colors.... very victorian and one of my most favorite combos! Your springy card is over the top gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the help you give ALL of ODBD!!! You are so appreciated my friend!!! Have a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Grace

Silke Ledlow said...

What a BEAUTY Sabrina! Love the soft colors and your embellishements! Wuensche dir ein schoenes Wochenende! Hugs ~S~

Crystal said...

Sabrina WOW this is soooo GORGEOUS!! OOO I really love this green color, so beautiful with those added pearls!! GORGEOUS work sweetie!!!

velta said...

Hi Sabrina ~ This is over the top gorgeous! I adore that image and your embellishments just adorn the flowers! Where do you get your Zva pearls?

Lori said...

The colors look like spring to me, Sabrina! It is very shabby chic and perfect for Easter. I hope you are having a great time with you dd, how fun!

Mary said...

Your Easter card is beautiful Sabrina. Love the ace that you used. I love the anniversary stamps. I hope to gett them.

I hope that you and your oldest daughter had a fantastic time at the rubber stamp and scrapbook Expo. I think it is so sweet that the two of you will be spending Mommy and daughter time together. :)

Mary

Karen W said...

Gorgeous card!! I love it!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful framing of the image and such pretty soft coloring, love the pearls and your trim is just lovely!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card!! thanks for your sweet comment! i was so excited to win the bundle... can't wait to get it!!