Saturday, February 5, 2011

You get to choose......

Good morning my stamping friends. Hope you all are ready for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge # 47 where you'll get to choose which one of the Top 10 challenge from this past year of this wonderful challenge you would like to use to make a card or any other project.

Today marks the first anniversary of the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!! We have enjoyed seeing all your creations, especially with ODBD stamps!! In celebration of our Challenge Anniversary.


This week's Challenge:

The team is challenging you to choose your challenge from the top ten challenges participated in by our viewers. They are listed here:



ODBDSLC22- Distress it
ODBDSLC26- Dies and Punches
ODBDSLC27- Texture it
ODBDSLC28 Forgotten Embellishments
ODBDSLC29 Sparkle
ODBDSLC31 Wing it
ODBDSLC32 Leaves
ODBDSLC33- Charm it
ODBDSLC34- Three of Something
ODBDSLC43- Something new something old


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, February 10. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.


While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by February 10 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC47. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.


Now on to my creation for this week. I was torn as I loved all of them, but I narrowed it down to the "Dies and Punches" challenge # 26. Here is my


Before you speak......




Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Aqua Mist, Fine Linen, Prima Fairy Flora

Stamps:  ODBD Let Us Begin

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tom Holtz Distressing Ink Antique Linen

Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 17, Labels 5, Flourish Accents, Prima Rose Belle Artes Aquarius, Recollections half pearls, hand dyed seam binding, crochet lace, handmade stickpin made out of a corsage pearl pin, pearls (which I colored with a Copic marker) antique silver spacer beads, glass beads, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool


What do you think? Are you inspired to play along this week?  Let me telly you we love seeing your creations it is always so much fun coming to see how you all interpret the challenge. If you need just a little more inspiration head on over to my Design Sisters


Chris

Fran

Pat

Silke


and which one of the Top 10 of this past year they chose....you will absolutely love them!!

If you would like to know what else is going on at ODBD head on over to the ODBD Blog and you will see it all in one place. :D

Well, this is it for me for right now. Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Have blessed weekend and I hope you'll get some creative time today!

Hugs

19 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh My Sabrina!! How Stunning!! I adore the blue and tan combo and your layout with the punches and the tissue paper butterfly is over the top!! This is my absolute fave of yours!!! I will give it a home if it does not have one. LOL!
Have a great weekend my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

OOOO this is beautiful Sabrina!! I LOVE LOVE these colors and your ribbon and flower treatment is absolutely stunning!! Fantastic use of the nesties too, WOW!! Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!

Davi said...

Oh My Sabrina this is absolutely beautiful!! I love the soft colors and distressing. The lovely bow and flower is the perfect finish!

Lori said...

Another beauty girlfriend! Love how you combined the dies. That seam binding is so cool, did you die it? WOW

Mary said...

I love how you used the dies on your card. I alsolove the Rustic cream amd the Aqua mist colors together. I love that you used the distressing technique and the ribbon and fower. Your card is gorgeous sabrina. :)

Mary

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, beautiful, Sabrina! You are tempting me with that fabulous seam binding! Might have to try that! Love all the dies, punches and that beautiful flower! Fabulous design! Hope you have a blessed weekend! Hugs!

Karen W said...

This is just stunning!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful framing of the sentiment and love these colors together, gorgeous embellishing!

Grace said...

Sabrina this is soooo beautiful!!! I just love this soft color combo and how you layered the dies! I love the seam binding! I finally got some dyed and it looks just about like yours! Yay! Your stick pin is gorgeous with your copic colored pearls! Love the spacer beads too! You rock sister! Beautiful!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Carla Murphy said...

Sabrina this is breathtakingly beautiful. What a terrific use of the spellbinders. Just a perfect job... and so soft and pretty.

Scrumplescrunch said...

First for me to visit your blog Sabrina I have been a follower of ODBD for awhile, but I have not seen your creations before. I8 was inspired by the challenge this week.
I am Susan from New Zealand by the way.
Your card is beautiful, I love your flower and the ribbon is wonderful.
Smiles:)

velta said...

Oh Sabrina ~ You used your accents to perfection! I love the colors and that seam binding...I have never tried that technique...but it is absolutely beautiful...Amazing what paper crafters can come up with...I hope you and yours are doing welll :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina your card is divine! Love the colors and the flourishes with the pearls...just gorgeous! Hugs ~S~

Debby said...

Sabrina, Your card is soooo Beautiful! How do you distress your edges "roughen: them?? Pls email me at paperpearl@att.net. I would sure aprreciate it. Thanks! Debby W

Joanne (jojot) said...

I don't know where the time goes...seems like ages since I blog-browsed....the new puppy is interferring with my blogging/stamping times ...however, I can see here that you are up to your usual exquisite, glamourous, bedazzled gorgeousness......another beauty, Sabring

hugs

Dawn B. said...

Wow oh wow..This is so pretty Sabrina. I take it you did the seam binding and the stick pin.. Your creation is fabulous. So soft and pretty.

C said...

Oh, Sabrina..so gorgeous! Those colors combined with your beautiful dies and that flower are just breathtaking!

Tameko said...

Sabrina, This is card is stunning! So love the stick pin, & ribbon.

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)