Friday, February 4, 2011

Where did this......

week go? Hello my stamping friends, I hope you all are well and ready for the weekend! Did you all hear that we had a major cold front come through sunny Southern Arizona? Let me tell you it was cold the last couple of days with major issues everywhere, but thank God we were not effected by gas outage or water pipe breaks. My girls school had cracked water pipes and as a result of it, they had a day off today.

Anyhow, you did not come to hear about the cold temps here, but t see what I have created, right? Well, I was able to make two cards this morning while my girls were playing....thank goodness for Nintendo DS ;D;D

My first card is very Vintage and more earthy in color. While at Michael's the beginning of the week I found some amazing metal butterfly stickers...yes, stickers, but they look more like a trinket, plus you can easily color them with Copic markers.   Have a look and see for yourself



Psalm 36:5




Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, Basic Grey Curio

Stamps: ODBD Faith, ODBD Brocade Borders

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, ODBD Olive, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Antique Linen and Vintage Photo

Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey  Squares, ODBD Brocade Die, handmade ribbon flower, ZVA Creative small pearl flourishes, cotton crochet lace, Recollections butterfly, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, sewing machine


But this is not all, I also made a little more Valentine oriented or even Anniversary themed card.

While at Michael's I found some 4" red heart doilies for only 99 cents and I could not say no ;D, plus I had these super fun Prima roses from the Belle Artes Butterfly Collection sitting on my desk so I had to created something with them.  And after a little while this is what I came up with...another one of those cards that just happen,LOL!!

Love does not measure........
 


Recipe:

Paper:  PTI Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Basic Grey Curio

Stamps: ODBD Let us Begin

Ink: Memento RIch Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Vintage Photo

Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 14, paper heart doily 4", cream cotton crochet lace from my stash, Prima Belle Artes Butterfly Rose, Prima leaves, Prima butterfly from the Farfalla Collection, red rhinestones from the $ bin at Michael's, ZVA Creative lime pearl flourish, hart pearl embellishment from my stash which I colored with a red Copic marker

So, what do you think?   I love how they both came out and I am sure that I will find some good use for both of them real soon.

Well, this is it for today, make sure you'll come back in the morning for a new Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD, it is going to be a GOOD one ;D;D

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you all in the morning!!

Hugs,

8 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Sabrina I am sooo happy you weren't affected sweetie, yikes this weather is just insane!!!! Your cards are absolutely breathtaking..I LOVE the chocolate colors on the first one, wow what a beautiful flower and pretty butterfly..GORGEOUSNESS!!!! WOW and your second card..girl that doilie is FABULOUS! The flower butterfly wow everything is just PERFECT!!! LOVE these sweetie, have a GREAT weekend!!!! Hugs!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sabrina - this was a trip well worth making - your cards are divine! I love the metal butterfly and gor gorgeous butterfly and flower on your first card - and of couse the pearls on both! Your secons card is totally gorgeous too! What a fabulous gift you have my friend! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Sarah said...

Sabrina, both of your cards are just stunning! I love how you use the pearl flourishes with the butterflies. It looks like they just fluttered in and landed on your cards. Beautiful work!
{hugs}
Sarah

Becky said...

Sabrina, they both are gorgeous!
I just love the vintage feel of the first one, warm colors and yes, I am loving that butterfly but I am also loving how you did that ribbon flower, that is just stunning.
The second one is fabulous also, loving that flower and lace. love 99 cents stuff. :)
Have a great weekend,
hugs

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are both just gorgeous, what lovely finds, I may need to take a trip to Michaels :) your embellishing is just fantastic, gorgeous creations!

Lori said...

Hi Sabrina! Those bf stickers are amazing, they do look like a metal charm. Love the earthy feel. The red doily is awesome on card #2. The little beaded heart is sweet, too. Great job, I love how your cards come together.

Tameko said...

Hey Sabrina, I love the gorgeous colors you have chosen for both cards. Your creations are absolutely beautiful!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Sabrina, both of these cards are just beautiful but then they always are! :) (Somehow I missed commenting on this post.)

Weather has been really crazy this winter all over. Things are supposed to warm up this week here in Iowa....but probably not for long.