Saturday, February 26, 2011

ODBDSLC50.....and some exciting news.......

over at Our Daily Bread Designs!!!!

Hello my stamping friends, I hope you all had a wonderful week. Mine was real busy and I did not get to post when I wanted to post.....sorry!!!

Anyhow, today marks the Shining the Light Challenge # 50....goodness, where has time gone?

Before we go on to this week's challenge, we would like to announce and welcome Pat Smethers as one of our full-time Challenge Team designers.  Pat is so sweet and adds an eclectic style to our creations.  Welcome Pat!!!!

We would also like to introduce our new guest designer for March/April.  This young lady has been an active player in our challenges and does a beautiful job with her ODBD Stamps!!  Welcome Lori Ulrich from Saints Rule!!  We can't wait to have you join us next week!!!

Here is a little intro about Lori:

My name is Lori Ulrich.  My husband and I share our small Kentucky farm with 4 beautiful St. Bernards and 3 handsome English Shephards.  We also raise sheep and have a retired racehorse living on our place to mix it up a little!  As you can imagine life is never dull here on our little slice of heaven!  My oldest step-son and his family live less than 20 minutes away!  So I get to see all 5 grandbabies often!  Our youngest is attending university in Virginia completing his Master’s in Missions. 

When I’m not stamping, I work as an accountant with a utility company.  I first discovered scrapbooking in 2003 and it proved very therapeutic for me.  A dear friend suggested stamping in 2009 which I took to like a duck does to water!  Stamping has proved to be such a blessing for me and a very powerful outreach.  I try to spread God’s love to those who are ill, need cheering up or a hearty hello!  I happened upon Our Daily Bread Designs in 2009 and instantly became a fan.  I love being able to share God’s word with those who receive my cards.  I appreciate the opportunity to guest for a few months.  It’s always fun to create!  Blessings…

And now on to our challenge!!!


This weeks challenge:  Is a sketch!!  Since Pat is now a full time designer for our Challenge team, Chris thought it would be nice to welcome her by honoring her with a "sketch case"




To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, March 3. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by March 3 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC50. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.

Now on to my creation for this week, check out

Come to me all you.......

Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Kraft, Ripe Avocado, SU Certainly Celery, Prima Fairy Flora
Stamps: ODBD Scripture Collection 4   Matthew 11:28 

Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, ODBD Olive

Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 6, 14, Fancy Tags, crochet lace, hand dyed seam binding, Recollections half pearls, Zva Creative pearl flourish, resin roses, yellow paper roses, Prima leaves, SU embossing folder Antique Wallpaper


What do you think....isn't this a fun sketch?  I sure had tons of fun playing around and like the way this card came together. ;D

For more inspiration make sure you head over to my Design Sisters after you leave my Blog.

Chris

Fran

Pat

Silke

have created masterpiece and I am sure you will be inspired by at least one of them if not all :D:D.

For all of the detail about this fabulous challenge and what else is going on at ODBD head on over to the ODBD Blog


Well, this is it for me for right now. I am forever grateful that you, my wonderful stamping friends, came by to see me.

Have a blessed and super creative day!!

Hugs,




12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Sabrina, your card is absolutely stunning!! I just love the yellow and green combo and your use or the resin flowers is gorgeous. Beautiful take on the sketch!! That verse is framed beautifully!!
hugs~~
Chris

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous creation, Sabrina! I think this is one of my favorites of all your beautiful creations! Love the pearl and those flowers are amazing! Have a blessed weekend. Hugs!

Carla Murphy said...

Just beautiful Sabrina! You blew me away with this one!!!

Grace said...

GF this is a total knock out!!! Your style just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.. love everything about this!!! Gorgeous take on the sketch my friend!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Sabrina you really did an AMAZING job on that sketch girl, both of these cards are soooo beautiful!!! I wish I had the Pretty talent, you inspire me with every post!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Big hugs!

Becky said...

Sabrina, this is just stunning girl! Gorgeous design and those flowers are beautiful.

Lori said...

Jaw dropping, Sabrina! Goodness and beauty all over this winner. Love,love,love it!!!!! ~Hugs,Lori~

Conniecrafter said...

beautiful, love the yellow and green together, and the embossed piece behind the verse, the pearls are such a great touch to it all!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So pretty! I love the flowers, the lace, the pearl flourishes, the everything. :)

Mary said...

How did I miss this gorgeous card that you made? I love the brwn, cream and green that you used. The colors are so pretty together. I absolutely love the way that you use the flowers and the pearls. Every time I go into Michaels and I see the flowers and pearls like you use I think of you.

Your card is beautiful Sabrina.

Mary

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina, your card is the BOMB...super duper gorgeous! I love, love, love how you interpreted the Sketch! Hugs ~S~

C said...

Wow, Sabrina...you rocked that sketch as usual. Pat is an awesome stamper!!! She'll be a delightful addition to your team. Maybe I can sneak some stamp time tonight.