Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day.....

my sweet stamping friends!!  I am just popping in to share a little project I was working on last week. A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through Michael's just killing some time when I saw these fun little picture frames. Off course you know me, I love the $ bin at Mike's, so I just had to dig through it. There were brown, orange, green, read and only two white frames. My head started spinning and I just had to grab a few. Even though I will not use the bright green and orange ones without painting them, but I sure had a few things in mind for the white ones, which I could use right away :D:D.  To make a long story short, I used that awesome frame which is like 4x2.5" and made a small wall hanging.  Last year I bought a bunch of these Colorbok  chipboard books, also at the $ bin at Mike's ;D, and never really used them so I thought one of the pages would make a perfect base for my wall hanging, because that frame is after all a tad bit heavy. I gathered my supplies and just went for it and here is the result


Love does not measure..........






Recipe:
Paper: PTI Kraft, Basic Grey Curio

Stamps:  ODBD Let us Begin

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, Antique Linen

Accessories: Colorbok scalloped square chipboard book page, small picture frame, ivory loop trim from my stash, Prima flowers, Maya Road Leaf Trinket Pin, antique brass heart charm, Recollections rhinestone flourishes, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool


So, what do you think?  Isn't this a cool little gift idea and maybe even a nice little Valentine's gift for someone special in your life.


Well, this is it for right now, I have to finish up a little something something I made for my two girls for Valentine's Day, I know I am running a bit behind, but they are both in school, so I am good, I think,LOL!!

Thanks so much stopping by today!!  I hope that you will get spoiled with some special Valentine's today ;D.



Have a wonderfully blessed day!!

Hugs,





14 comments:

C said...

Fabulous, of course! Happy Valentine's Day to you as well friend!!

Crystal said...

Sabrina, WOW sweetie this is BREATHTAKING!! I LOVE this gorgeous design!!! These colors are sooo elegant and totally stunning!!! I hope you have a Wonderful Valentine's Day sweetie!

Carla Murphy said...

This is so pretty Sabrina!! (I love the $ bin at Mike's too!!) =)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW!!! Sabrina this is gorgeous!!!! Stunning and gorgeous!!!

Lori said...

Wow! What else can I say? This is fantastic!

Dawn B. said...

Hope you had a great Valentine's day.. This is fabulous.. I love the way you used your dollar bin frame.. Such a great idea.. I have seen these and never thought about using it this way.. Great job.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a creative idea! Very pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

what a great find and you did such a beautiful job in dressing it up, Beautiful!!

Vintage Rose said...

Absolutely lovely!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! This is amazing Sabrina!! I love your $1 find!! Way to go girlfriend!
I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :):)

Grace said...

Sabrina I left you a comment on this yesterday and now I see it's not here!! Did I flunk the word verification? LOL! Anyway... just wanted you to know how gorgeous I think this is! I love the frame! I have picked up the brown ones but have not seen the white here! This is stunning... every detail! I just love your style! Hope your valentine's day was good!
hugs,
Grace

Grace said...

Hi Sabrina! Me again! :) I left you a little something on my blog so when you have a minute you can slip on over and pick it up!
hugs,
Grace

Melisa Waldorf said...

I think this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Sabrina.....what a fabulous creation....such fine detail and creativity.....wonderfully done