Saturday, October 9, 2010

I am so happy.......

that it is Saturday and that Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is back from taking a little break last week because of the new release of the ODBD October stamp line!!! I can honestly say that I look forward to every challenge as I can't wait to see what you might come up with. :D  So, let me ask you this question....what do you think of when you think Fall? For me, I would have to say looking forward to cooler temperatures, living in Southern Arizona, it is still pretty hot around here, today it was in the lower 90's right here where I am. One other favorite of mine would be seeing the colors of the leaves on trees change and falling leaves, but that is from back home in Germany, as we don't have very many trees with leaves that change at this time of year here in AZ, not down here anyhow. Can you guess what this weeks challenge might be yet?  Yes, LEAVES, you have guessed right. This week the Challenge Team is challenging you to use leaves on your creation, that can be your Designer Paper, a charm or any other embellishment, your stamped image, you name it it all counts, but one thing that does not count is gold leafing, unless you put it on your leaves ;D.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, October 14. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by October 14 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC32. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.




 Now, have a look and see what I came up with

Leaves, leaves everywhere





Recipe:

Paper:  PTI White, Stampin Up Certainly Celery, Kaisercraft Utopia

Stamps: ODBD Scripture Series 1  Numbers 6:24-26

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Shabby Shutters

Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 6, Recollections Rhinestone Flourish, May Arts Leaf ribbon, ZVA Creative white roses, silver cross charm, green hand dyed seam binding (which I arranged to look like leaves under the rose on the left), white crochet lace ribbon

So, what do you think? Was I able to inspire you to join us this week to add leaves to your creation and share it with us?  Maybe you need a little more inspiration, so why don't you head on over to my Challenge Team sisters and check out what they have come up with.

Chris

Chrissy

Fran

Patter


All right, this is it for me for right now, I have nothing special planned for this weekend, other than cleaning the house, I told my girls that I will not go anywhere today, they wore me out all week ;D.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Have a blessed day and be creative.

Hugs,


22 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What do I think?! I think it is stunning Sabrina!! So creative and beautiful!! I so love your seam binding leaves and the sheer elegance of your creation with the green and flowers. So much texture and eye candy my friend!! Awesome take on the leaves challenge.
hugs,
Chris
Have a great weekend!!!

Francie G. said...

Wow! So many wonderful details! Love all the lovely flowers, the vine ribbon, and the wonderful message! Beautifully done, Sabrina! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs!

Crystal said...

Sabrina girl this is truly BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOOOWEEE I LOVE the green, the bling, lace, and those gorgeous flowers.. You out did yourself again sweetie!!!! FANTASTIC creation!

Becky said...

Sabrina this is beautiful..gorgeous colors and gorgeous details.
When I think of Fall I think Winter is coming :(.. I am a Summer baby so March is my favorite month not just because it is my birthday but that warm weather is ahead.. {{hugs}}

Ms. Jen said...

Just gorgeous darlin! I'm lovin that background paper - how elegant. Your vine on the side is so pretty too. Great card. I haven't forgotten your bookmark! Just got a large order for some cards so it set me back a little.

~Hugs

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful floral border and card, Sabrina. I LOVE Saturdays too and I feel so blessed to be part of this talented team. This is another beautiful project! Thank you for sharing it! Have a blessed weekend!

Pati said...

Wow! Beautiful card! I love the greens, the paper and all the flowers!! (ps I still can't read the blue font on the dark brown page, I'm really not colorblind, am I the only one?)

Lori said...

This is a refreshing card, that's the word that came to mind. All of that green! Great job with all of those leaves!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a beautiful card Sabrina! Such gorgeous greens and such beautiful embellishments!

Tameko said...

Sabrina, This is a stunning card. I love green, and you have done an awesome job on this card!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my it is Gorgeous!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty designer paper. The whole card is just beautiful.....but then all of your cards are! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Fantastic card and take on the challenge Sabrina!!! You really knocked this one out off the ball park!!! Hugs ~S~

velta said...

Your asking me what I think? Oh Sabrina...you should already know the answer...I think it is breathtaking! Love the green...love the verse...love the flowers and the green leaf ribbon...One of these days...when I can afford it...I am going to buy at least one ODBD stamps. You are such an inspiration...love your sponging too!!

Grace said...

Oh goodness Sabrina what can I say? This is just stunning!!! I love your style... I've told you that before but you are soooo right up my alley in your creations!!! Beautiful my friend!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!!! girlfriend this has to be the most beautiful green card I have ever seen!! I have to say I have neglected the color green and find this so inspirational. Have a blessed week!

Dawn B. said...

Sabrina this is beautiful. I love the green.. I seldom use these colors.. Your swirls are so pretty.. You did a great job. Our trees are just starting to turn here.. I love the fall.

Patter Cross said...

Love what you did with all of the ribbon! And the green is such a gorgeous green! Beautiful, beautiful card Sabrina!!! Have a blessed week ahead!!!!! :)

Janeen said...

Thank you Sabrina, for your comment and warm welcome on my first submission to Our Daily Bread. And your creation is gorgeous.

Davi said...

Sabrina, Your card is sooo beautiful.The beautiful dp and all the fabulous embellies really enhance the scripture. Love the way you shaded around the scripture with the green.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card!

Sarah Bennett said...

This is fabulous! I especially LOVE the little white roses on the crocheted lace!