Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ready set go.........

for a new Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge! Today we are challenging you to use those "Forgotten Embellishments". You know we all have them...eyelets, brads, tons of buttons that we bought but never really used. Well, today you can get them out and use them. :D:D




To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!


Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, September 9. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.


While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by September 9 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC26. When creating your posts on blogs please include a DIRECT link to the challenge.



All right, are you ready to see what I came up with? I have to tell you, I had tons of brads and eyelets, but I gave most of those to my oldest DD, who is 9 y.o. and loves card making almost as much as her mommy ;D;D, but I also had A TON of buttons. I very, very rarely use buttons on my cards, ever so often when I made a masculine one, so I got my bag of PTI buttons out and went for it,hehe. Wanna see?



Check this out




Thinking of You






Recipe:
Paper:PTI Rustic Cream, Kraft, Pink Paislee Queen Bee paper pad

Stamps:
ODBD Thinking of You

Ink: VersaFine OnyxBlack, Tim Holtz Distressing Inks Old Paper, Antique Linen

Accessories: Nesties Petite Ovals Large, Labels 9, PTI buttons, Recollections half pearls, Maya Road Trinket Pin, Prima Flower The Rosevelt Collection, Jesse James Sentimental Journey glass bead, antique brass spacer bead, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, foam tape, May Arts silk ribbon (which IRL does not look this brown...I could not get it to photograph right...sorry!!!!)

Oh, am I glad that we did this challenge......it was about time I got rid of some buttons ;D;D. To attach the button I added a strip of red liner tape which I totally forgot I had as well.

Would you like to see what my Design Sisters have come up with? All right, let me give you the links to these ever so talented ladies, but before you leave, let me me know you came by ;D.



Chris



Chrissy



Fran



Patter





Well, this is it for right now. If you want to read more about this challenge head on over to the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. I hope I was able to inspire you and you have enjoyed my creation.


I wish all of you a very relaxing and happy long weekend.





Hugs and blessings,



14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer! Look at all those buttons girl! I love the shabby chic feel. The distressing and colors are perfect. You sure did use those forgotten embellishments!! You rocked the challenge.

Thanks for always helping me with the challenge my friend. Your efforts do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. YOur a dear friend and I treasure you.

Have a great weekend!

hugs,
Chris

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh love the button border, that GORGEOUS flower and the papers (sentiment too) FABULOUS!!! Have a BLESSED WEEK my friend!!!

Becky said...

OH my word I have lost my buttons..:) This is fabulous so creative with all these buttons.

Ms. Jen said...

See, you must make it look so darn easy. Those buttons are fantastic girlie!!

Grace said...

Oh Sabrina this took my breath away! I love that dp and the vintage feel! You REALLY used lots of forgotten buttons and what a great addition they are!!! You rocked the challenge and I love your card.... and you too!!!!
Hugs and blessings,
Grace

Lori said...

Wow, the buttons look great, love the collection!

Mary said...

Wowzer! Youur card is beautiful. The way that you used your buttons is awesome. I *love* your card Sabrina. I have not used my buttons in a very long time either. Hmm, you have me thinking. I think it's great thatyour 9 year old loves to make cards and uses up your brads etc... How cute is that?

Hugs,
Mary

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome, great use of your buttons and I love all the distressing!

Unknown said...

Amazing as always, my friend! I love the way you used the buttons....one way to get rid of them fabulously! :):) I will definitely take your idea! Thank you for sharing.
Have a wonderful week!

Patter Cross said...

Whew, I am finally getting around to making my comments. :) I love how you created a border of buttons! Too fun, and a great take on the challenge! Have a blessed holiday weekend!

C said...

What an awesome idea for attaching the buttons! You're one talented, clever girl.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sabrina - I am so glad to finally get to your Blog - it is always such a pleasure to see you gorgeous creations and visit with you! LOVE those buttons, they look fabulous - you should use them more often as you do it so well!! Love all of the 'Sabrina' touches!! Divine!! Thanks for sharing Sabrina and the inspiration! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness.. What a fantastical card.. one of my favorites that I have seen you create.. I LOVE buttons.. I LOVE this card.. Really nicely done..

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a lovely sentiment of encouragment and friendship.....beautiful card