Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday...did someone say....

it's Friday? Oh my goodness, where has this week gone? Hope all of you, my stamping friends, have had a good week. I have been kind of busy trying to get things done...as usual ;D;D, but it is all good. This past Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday my 8 y.o. had the AIMS test and she was freaking out. Oh my, how do you tell a 8 y.o. that you won't have to stay behind and do 3rd grade all over if you have one or two questions wrong ;D? Anyhow, I am glad it is over. I think it helped her a lot that I wrote encouraging notes for all 3 days, well, actually for 2 days and daddy wrote one for the last day,and she said that was her favorite one.



All right enough about that. Are you ready for TWO creations? Yes, I have two cards to share with you all. For my first one I was using the amazing Origins DP from Basic Grey...I love this paper ;D.




Our help is in the name.....




Recipe:


Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Basic Grey Origins, PTI Dark Chocolate





Stamps: ODBD Scripture Collection 3





Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Chalk Ink Bisque





Accessories: Nesties Labels 11, Cricut Expression and the Accent Essentials cartridge for the flower and leaves, Studio 18 Rhinestones, Recollections half pearls, chocolate satin ribbon, antique brass cross charm, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, Pearl Glimmer Mist (flower), foam tape, 3D foam dots



Now, don't you just love this paper? I think it is about time for me to order another pad ;D.



All right, on to my second card. This one I made for the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge #50 over at Christian Paper Crafts Magazine. This week the theme is "SHE"!!! Make a card or project that involves any verse about a woman or women. For my card I used one of this month's new release from ODBD called "Mom". This set is so very versatile, really. Since I already have my Mother's Day cards for my Mom and my MIL done, I thought I just use the scripture and leave for whom it is off and use it as a Birthday card or so ;D!!! So when the time comes and I use this card all I do is stamp "Happy Birthday" on the inside. I love this scripture and says so much about a strong woman. :D



She is clothed.......




Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Bazzill textured moss, Memory Box Frond


Stamp: ODBD Mom

Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Antique Linen, SU Mellow Moss

Accessories: Top die like frame and base cut with my Cricut Expression and the Accent Essentials cartridge as well as the flower (frame was cut at 3.5") MayArts crochet ribbon, May Arts ivory sheer ribbon, MayaRoad leaf stick pins, Cuttlebug embossing folder Textile to give the frame some texture, Kaiser Rhinestone in Lippy Red, foam tape

What do you think? Wouldn't you agree that this card would pass for any occasion if it is given to a woman? I just love it,hehe!!

Well, this is it for me for right now. Make sure you come on back tomorrow as I will be posting another Shining the Light Challenge! Earth Day is coming up next Thursday, so we will be creating a card or project that focuses on that day. Hmmm, what could that be? Come on back and find out...I promise you, you will be amazed about our creations ;D.

Have a fabulous and creative day!!

Hugs and blessings,

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sabrina, both cards are gorgeous!!! I love the way you use the flowers! Fantastic designs and details as always.
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

LeAnne said...

These are both LOVELY, Sabrina! I love the sponging you did on the first verse panel, and I love the frame you did on the second! How touching about your 8 year-old....everything is so dramatic at that age....well, my DD is 27, and she is still the drama queen! So I guess it doesn't get any better, sorry!

Crystal said...

Oh my Sabrina both of these are GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE your color combos, sponging, flowers...everything is stunning sweetie!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Sabrina - these are gorgeous - as always everything about them is just lovely - especially that gorgeous flower and the lace! Your cards are always amazing my friend!! Thanks for sharing Sabrina - you are just a 'heart with arms and legs!' God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Mary said...

You never stop amazing me with the cards that you design. Sabrina, both of these cards are absolutely gorgeous. Did you make the flowers? They are beautiful! I love the DP that you used on your first card. On your second card I love the lace and the ribbon that you added. Yes, I think it is a card that can be used for a woman for any occasion.So beautiful.

I'm happy to read that your daughters AIMS test is over and done. How sweet of you and your husband to write encouraging notes to your daughter. I'm sure she felt very special. :)

Mary

Lori said...

Both are beauties! I love to leave notes for my DD, too. Means more than we know.

Velta said...

Oh Sabrina ~ Your flowers are to die for...I have got to try this...and that frame...you are SUCH an inspiration girl!!

Kelley said...

So elegant! Love th white BG, sure makes the red flower really pop!