Friday, March 12, 2010

Good afternoon....

stamping friends!!! Hope you all had a wonderful and creative week. I had a lot of running around to do and had another migraine attack...hate those!! I usually don't talk about private stuff, but yesterday I found out, after visiting the dentist, that my oldest, the 8 y.o., has perfect teeth but has 3 or more extra teeth that are blocking one of her permanent teeth to come through. So, my baby needs surgery or she won't get that front tooth ever :C:C. If you could, would you please say a prayer that it won't be too bad as she is terrified. Thanks!!!




So, that was that ;D.
As I was going through my daily dose of blog land I saw Betty Wright had her new challenge up on the ODBD Blog SNTODBD5 and I just had to play,hehe!!




I only played a few time but did not play for the last 2 or 3 times as I did not have the required stamps, but this time I can, and guess what, so can you, as Betty has changed the rules a little ;D. You still schould use ODBD stamps but you don't have to have a particular one, any, yes ANY ODBD stamp can be used from now on, how cool is that? Well, I love it and I am trying to play every two weeks with Betty. There is only one requirement this time and that is to use something NEW!! This is not hard for me as I just last week bought some yummy paper and a new MS punch ;D;D.



Have a look and see for yourself


SNTODBD5 Thinking of You





this is the outside,







Recipe:


Paper: PTI Kraft, Rustic Cream, DCWV The Rustic Stack





Stamp: ODBD Thinking of You





Ink: Su Creamy Caramel, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye and Vintage Photo





Accessories: Nesties Labels 4, Nesties Fancy Tags, Prima Hydrangeas, ribbon flower handmade and zapped with the heat gun (thanks my friend Charlene for the inspiration ;D) Kaiser half pearls in Copper, Recollections half pearl, Maya Road Vintage Pearl stick pin, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, Martha Stewart Monarch butterfly punch, foam tape, 3 D glue dot, tulle mini butterfly


This is the inside of my card





What do you think? For the NEW things I've used in this project, well, the DP is new and is from DCWV called The Rustic Stack, can I say that I absolutely LOVE it and I can't believe I did not buy it sooner, the MS Monarch butterfly punch is new, and that yummolicious May Arts ribbon, so is that little tulle butterfly which I was able to score at a recent Scrapbooking and Stamping Convention in town ;D. And not just that, I finally got to meet the ever so talented and totally sweet Connie McCotter. :D:D

This is it for me for right now. Make sure you'll come back tomorrow as the Shining the Light Challenge Team is kicking off the ever so AWESOME Anniversary Celebration that is taking place for the next 5 days over at Our Daily Bread Designs!!!! Make sure you'll come back tomorrow to see me to see what I have for ya!! You will love it, plus you can win, win, win some awesome stuff. Not just gift certificates, some of us also have some yummolicious not bad for the waistline CANDY for ya ;D;D. But, you'll have to wait until tomorrow!! So, I'll see you than, bright and early 6 a.m. ET. Yep, that is in the middle of the night for me, but hey, we've gotta celebrate!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love!! I feed on it and it keeps me going!

Hugs,



7 comments:

Lori said...

I love all of the butterflies on this card! Didn't see that you mentioned anything about this, but did you make your bow look like a butterfly on purpose??? I noticed right away. Tell your little one that it's never as bad as we think it will be when it comes to dental work. Does your DDS use nitrous oxide, (I think)? It relaxes you so much, even for the shots. Let me know how she makes out. Hugs-Lori

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Sabrina!! I just love your bow and the pearls, paired with your colors!!!

I will pray for Naomi and you Sabrina!! I am sure will be fine when the work gets done but the apprehension will be the worst.

big hugs,
Chris

Joanne (jojot) said...

Well....Ms. Sabrina.....I wil keep you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers....hope it is done soon so you both don't need to agonize over it for too long

beauty of a card, sweetie...such lovely feminine touches....tfs

Velta said...

Sabrina ~ I swear I am dyin if I am lyin...this is one of the most beautiful creations I have ever seen...an the Good Lord knows I do not lie!!! I am looking into the Followers thingy.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Sabrina - this is just stuuning and so romantically elegant!! I LOVE the colours and the pearls with the bow - this certainly has the 'Sabrina' touch! Love it! I will be praying for your daughter, and you my friend - at these time sit can be harder for the parent! God bless you and keep you Sabrina! {{{hugs}}}

Betty Wright said...

This is gorgeous, Sabrina! Beautiful warm colors and design! LOVE that gorgeous bow with stick pearl pin! Great NEW stuff, too! Wonderful scripture card! Thanks so much for playing SNT!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! It's so beautiful, Sabrina!! I love The bow looks like a butterfly. Everything is beautifully put together. Gorgeous colors, too! TFS~