Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hey y'all!!!

Wow, I can't believe I have another post for you all today :D:D!!!! Actually I have two projects I would like to share with you. For the first one I made a card for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply # 108 challenge. I know I am behind, way behind, as # 109 is coming up tomorrow, but I made a card anyhow ;D. For this challenge Sharon asked to use Kraft and Black, well, not a combination I usually would choose, but I like the way my humble little card came out.


I started out with PTI Kraft and True Black. Since I wanted a little bit of pop, I decided to also use some striped paper from a DCWV pad which is called La Creme and my all time favorite. If you have not tried this paper yet, you are sure missing out ;D. I bought the 4x6 pad which makes it easy to use those gorgeous papers on A2 cards. To make a little of a different shaped card I rounded the bottom corners which I really don't do that often. I wonder why? Hmmm gotta think about that one,LOL!! For my sentiment I decided on using a scripture from ODBD's Scripture Collection 1, and what would be more fitting than using the new Nesties Labels 7 (the book) die? I wanted to keep it simple, so all I did here is scored the middle of the book stamped the scripture on it in VersaFine Onyx Black and sponged the edges with the same. I also added some large Recollections half pearls to all four corners and a Prima flower from the Artistry Collection. Very, very simple card for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge. If you care to find out more about this fun challenge Sharon comes up with every week head on over to her blog .


SSNOTIME#108 Krafty Black Isaiah 12:2




Recipe:

Paper: PTI Kraft, True Black, DCWV La Creme matstack

Stamps: ODBD Scripture Collection 1

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

Accessories: Nesties Label 7, Prima flower from the Artistry Collection, Recollections half pearls



What do you think, does this card make a statement?

All right, I promised you 2 projects and you shall have 2 projects :D:D.

Several weeks ago I discovered the Stamping Sisters in Christ Blog Challenge and I was determined to participate as often as I possibly could. Sometimes life throws a few things in our way and we can't or don't get around to it, but this week I wanted to participate.



They had the following scripture for inspiration


SCRIPTURE

Our hostess this week is Kristine's sweet sister Kathy Winter. Kathy chose the scripture Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." (NIV)

The verse goes on to say, "...before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." This scripture is about the call of Jeremiah to become a prophet of God. He was chosen. God knew His plans for Jeremiah before he was even born.

Each of us is chosen by God, too, for a special purpose. He knows us intimately, and He wants us to know Him intimately. Each of us has special gifts and talents that we need to share with others. When we do this, we truly experience the heart of God. And what a tremendous feeling that is!

CHALLENGE

The challenge is to make a baby card or project, or a card for an expectant mother (or expectant parents)...perhaps even try your hand at a shaped card (see Kathy's sample below). A baby shower card would be perfectly fine, too. I think you get the idea!

(This section was copied from the Stamping Sisters in Christ Blog)

So, I came up with this idea to make a frame/picture. I bought this white frame at a local $ store I believe and simply added some DP in green and stamped a little frame which I had for ever from a stamp set from Paper Salon and is called Fancy Flourishes. To make it jump out a little more and since it is rather small I decided to stamp it in VersaMark and emboss it in white. I also wanted to stay close to the scripture used but did not have it, hmm what's a girl to do? I could have just generated it by computer, but that would have been a challenge as my printer does not like and heavier paper, it just does not pull it in, so I remembered I had this fun and tiny stamp set I bought over at Clear Dollar Stamps a while back and it had this sentiment in it "Children are a gift from God". The light came on and I just used it instead :D:D. Don't you just love it when things come together? Well, to make a long story short I took the tiny stamps and stamped it too in VersaMark and embossed it in white as well. To give the plain frame a little more interest I added some green and white Hydrangea petals which I held together by using a faux pearl brad. I adhered those flowers to the frame by using 3D glue dots. I also added a flourish which I cut using my Cricut Expression and a little button I had laying around.


Have a look


Children are a gift from God




Recipe:

Paper: K&Company scrap I had laying on my table

Ink: VersaMark

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "In God's Hands" (5785), Paper Salon "Fancy Flourishes"

Accessories: white embossing powder, green Hydrangeas from the Strawberry Collection, white Hydrangeas, faux pearl brads from Michaels Bridal section, Cricut Expression, Cher up button, 3D glue dots, frame from the $-store

Thank you so very much for stopping by.

Hugs,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sabrina, This is so very special. What a great project with a message. I need to do more of these projects. They would make wonderful Christmas presents.

Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC this week.

peggysue said...

Isn't that the prettiest thing? And I like the first card too, what a treat, two creations in one blog post! I do like the CDS stamps too, and it is fun when you can come up with just the right sentiment. Thanks for playing along, hope to see you next week too!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful! Children ARE a gift from God indeed!

Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!