Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hey, it's me again.....

yep, I have another post for you all today. Last week my husband came home, I believe it was Thursday night, and he told me to put a friend of his from work on our prayer list at church. I was ready to let our Pastor know on Friday morning, when I received an e-mail from my husband telling me to disregard to put his friend on the prayer list as he had died Thursday night at the age of only 52 years. I did not know him personally as my hubby works an hour away but when he got home that night, I asked him if he wanted me to make a Sympathy card for his family and he said "that would be nice". So this morning I got some of my stamps out and went for it. I just hope and pray that this humble little card will give his wife a little comfort. I started with a base of PTI Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate and some of my favorite K&Company Classic K McKenna. The DP was directly adhered unto the Dark Chocolate and sponged a little . For the focal image which is from the SU set Essence of Love I cut a circle with my Nesties Classic Circles dies and stamp the image in SU Close to Cocoa. As I also wanted to use the sentiment from this set instead of a "With Sympathy " I used the "Thinking of You" and stamped it unto a tag which I cut with the Nesties Ribbon Tag Trio in Vintage Cream on a Dark Chocolate tag. To adhere the tag I used some yummy velvet ribbon I found at Mike's a while ago added some Ginger colored Dew Drops in all four corners and some Recollections half pearls on the tag. I also added some butterflies which I cut out with my Martha Stewart 3 butterflies punch. A pretty simple card, but I hope it will bring some comfort.




This is the outside of the card and below is the inside of the card where I used the words "thoughts and prayers are with you from yet another SU set called "Always in my Thoughts".




















Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, K&Company Classic K McKenna

Stamps: SU Essence of Love and SU Always in my Thoughts
Ink: Chalk Box Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan, SU Close to Cocoa, Palette Vintage Cream from PTI
Accessories: Nesties Classic Circles Large, Ribbon Tag Trio, Martha Stewart 3 butterflies punch, Recollections half pearls, Dew Drops in Ginger, foam tape, 3 D foam dots, Velvet ribbon from Mike's


This is it for this post. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,


9 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

it is beautiful and it will certainly give comfort

Betty Wright said...

Sabrina, this is wonderful!!! Lovely colors and design!!! I am sure it will offer some comfort!!!

Connie M. said...

This is just beautiful, Sabrina! What a wonderful thing to do for the family! It is sure to bring some comfort!

Lori said...

I think they will feel peace from this lovely card. I would.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This is such a peaceful beautiful card! Sure to be appreciated and give comfort!

Dawn B. said...

Sabrina this is beautiful and touching. I am sure they will appreciate this so much.. I really struggle with these types of cards.. I a sure it will comfort them in their time of great sorrow..Hugs.

Lovely Linda said...

Awww how sad Sabrina, I am sure your lovely card will bring his wife some comfort!! You have done such a lovely job for such a sad occassion! Beautifully done and expressed my friend! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Velta said...

Gorgeous!! Love the sponging...so softly done!

C said...

Beautiful, as usual...I know they will treasure it.