Thursday, October 22, 2009

Come to me........

Yep, that is the name of my post for today. Yesterday, as I was cleaning the house I was saying to myself, that I had not made a masculine card in a few weeks. Well, after I put my Dyson away and collected all of the trash from my girls rooms trash baskets, I sat down and made a masculine card.


For the base I used PTI Kraft and put a layer of some dotted paper from the DCWV mat stack La Creme on it. This paper truly looks like it is a washed out black with Kraft dots, totally cool ;D. Since masculine in my eyes is not very many embellishments, I simply wrapped some Jute Twine around the second layer. For my sentiment I chose a stamp from Verve. I love these stamps, especially this one as it has a masculine feel to it. So I cut 2 rectangles with my Nesties Classic Rectangles Large dies, sponged the first one with some VersaFine Onyx Black on the edges and stamped the Matthews 11:28 verse unto the second rectangle in the same ink. It was a little plain looking so I've decided to get out some Karen Foster brads I had bought way too long ago, but I am sure you all know that feeling, right? These cool brads look like small screws and have an antique pewter finish, just the right color for the papers. To attach the brads I used my 1/16" punch(the really tiny one) to make the holes, as the brads are pretty close to the edge I had to cut the prongs down a bit, but that was easy using my floral wire cutters. As I was assembling all of that it came to mind that I had a pewter finish cross somewhere in my stash, so I went and got it and tied it on with some more twine.

Viola, finished was a real simple masculine card.


Have a look

What do you think? Pretty simple, I know, but I wanted to keep it clean as I had a brother in church at mind togive it to. See, sometimes when you are standing in prayer line at church God puts special people on your heart and this time it was no different, there is this cute little couple who has joined the church a while back, but they have not been attending service that often. For the last few weeks they have been in service and I felt that something was going on. So, to make a long story short and not to get into all of the little details I made this card and told my hubby, yep, I told him that this family was on my mind and that I really would appreciate if he would write some encouraging words into this card and give it to this man. We all know that man try not to show too much of their feelings and keep things to themselves, but in the deep storms of live, even those men need a little encouragement and can't really hide everything, right? So, I hope he will like this card I made and the encouraging words my hubby is going to write ;D.

Well, this is it for right now. I have my fingers itching to touch some ink, but I have some errands to run. So, I will see you all later.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,

8 comments:

Lori said...

What a wonderful card Sabrina! The screw brads and the colors and just everything!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina - I think it's a wonderful masculine card!!! I know it's not always easy to create a *masculine* card, but you nailed it with this one - love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

Sabrina this is beautiful. I love the masculine feel to it.. Your cross is perfect. Really nice job.. Now can you come clean my house..lol.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is truly wonderful, Sabrina! I love the simplicity and lovely message.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Sabrina!!! Wonderfully done!!! It is so hard to do masculine and you did it (...I started to say beautifully, but that is sort of girlie sounding...hee hee!!) handsomely!!! How is that? Wonderful scripture card!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome masculine card Sabrina!! I lvoe that dp, the twine, and your design!! I lvoe the simplicity of it and that wonderful verse!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Carla Murphy said...

What a nice thing to do Sabrina for this couple. Love the elegant simplicity of this card. Very masculine... those are so hard to do, eh? 8)

C said...

Great masculine card, Sabrina! Love everything about it.